• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got my first Bearded Dragon

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
ok. make sure you provide him/her enough water so her mouth won't get to sticky or dry after eating with calcium.
Happened to my beardie once.

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
oh, Flucker's! I know a friend who use that. I use Zoo Med, but I think it's fine. Usually, the instructions for beardies is that you feed 12 crickets per week for every 2.5 ounce (71 grams) of his/her body weight.
Ziggy eats 8 to 12 a day

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
oh, I meant dusted crickets. 12 dusted crickets every week per 2.5 ounce of their body weight
not the weekly amount. my beardie eats 12 to 15 everyday!

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
ok. that's totally normal. my beardie eats about 72 normal crickets every week and 18 calcium covered crickets.

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
i was told by a local pet shop not to leave food in there tank at night as they have a hard time digesting food at night. ok I get that but what about the crickets in there still at night cant get then out

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
Here is Ziggy so far he is 6 inches long that is the spot he loves to be. and a pic of his setup it's a 100w exo terra intense basking spot bulb. with a 13w 10.0 exo terra uvb150 his hide is one that we had extra from the rabbit we had a few of them so I took one yes ot was new not used. its eddable I dont think Ziggy will eat it he dont try. but here he is so far

20190315_185122.jpg
20190315_185110.jpg

Nitrogirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please do not leave crickets in this cage overnight. because the crickets will bite on the dragon as he sleeps, causing him to get sores that can become infected. I chose to feed my dragon outside her tank so I could ensure there was nothing in her tank.

Venow

Hatchling Dragon
ziggy wont eat the veggies in his bowl will only eat crickets and the protein powerd the crickets shake off

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
ziggy wont eat the veggies in his bowl will only eat crickets and the protein powerd the crickets shake off
Protein powder? Should be calcium or (sometimes) vitamins. Keep offering veggies - he'll try them at some point, even if it's accidental.