• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Journey the not so sicky anymore beardie

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
I am so grateful to everyone who helped me get my journey feeling better... Sadie and silverdragons in particular helped me the most on this site... and I had a very wonderful bearded dragon expert that works at my local city zoo she went home with him for a few days when I went to have my daughter. I thought everyone would enjoy some pictures of her royal journeyness. She is now eating romaine lettuce every day and eating giant mealworm beetles turns out they are very high in protein and vitamins. She is now completely blind in her right eye and needs help hunting but a very wonderful snap back from near death.

Attachments

• 20210526_233409.jpg
    20210526_233409.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210526_233620.jpg
    20210526_233620.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210526_233428.jpg
    20210526_233428.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so grateful to everyone who helped me get my journey feeling better... Sadie and silverdragons in particular helped me the most on this site... and I had a very wonderful bearded dragon expert that works at my local city zoo she went home with him for a few days when I went to have my daughter. I thought everyone would enjoy some pictures of her royal journeyness. She is now eating romaine lettuce every day and eating giant mealworm beetles turns out they are very high in protein and vitamins. She is now completely blind in her right eye and needs help hunting but a very wonderful snap back from near death.
Glad to hear- do you have any current pics of her

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Dubias roaches, giant mealworm beetles, superworms, regular giant mealworms, regular mealworms and hornworms... She just started feeling better.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubias roaches, giant mealworm beetles, superworms, regular giant mealworms, regular mealworms and hornworms... She just started feeling better.
Please start feeding her salads and lay off all the worms- dubias are great-- all those worms I am afraid will cause impaction--- she is very thin and you want her on a diet that's going to gradually put weight on her and all those worms will get her to fat too fast- how old is she and what are you using for your uvb? I remember your name but not exactly what I helped w/

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Please start feeding her salads and lay off all the worms- dubias are great-- all those worms I am afraid will cause impaction--- she is very thin and you want her on a diet that's going to gradually put weight on her and all those worms will get her to fat too fast- how old is she and what are you using for your uvb? I remember your name but not exactly what I helped w/
Its only worms some of the time it's mainly the dubias, crickets, beetles, and if she dosent seem like she feels so good hornworms. You helped with pretty much everything I am using a 10.0 uvb reptisun bar style light

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its only worms some of the time it's mainly the dubias, crickets, beetles, and if she dosent seem like she feels so good hornworms. You helped with pretty much everything I am using a 10.0 uvb reptisun bar style light
Ok and the UVB is in your tank or top of screen ? How old is the bulb? And the distance the UVB is what from the decor and is it directly above the basking decor? Just making sure it's properly placed for journeys progress to continue-

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
In tank and we replace it every 3 months just to be safe and yes it is directly above we wanted her to get better so bad we did everything to the T

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In tank and we replace it every 3 months just to be safe and yes it is directly above we wanted her to get better so bad we did everything to the T
Ok just checking - please keep me posted on her progress-

Latest posts