• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

its been too long

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i know its been awhile but im back the move and bubba's new "room" and back to school for me all kept me away from my computer but bubba is doing awesome still has and attitude of course but no more problems haha anyway just wanted to update i got to get to class peace

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey there. Thanks for the update. Glad to see everyone has settled into the new place!

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
let me explain a bit on bubba's "room" now that i have time yes it is an extra room we turned into his home. there was a room off of the living room that had half a wall so we took the rest of that wall down and put up plexiglass instead made a little door to get in and out for us and put lights up on the ceiling for heat as well as hung them lower to add more basking spots and the cieling has his uva/uvb light along the whole thing spaced about 1 foot apart it was hard to get the temps right at first but we made it happen and now he loves it he has nets attached to the walls so he can climb up them and he does he sleeps on the wall haha its cute i wish i had some pictures i will asap but my camera went to sleep and never woke up we have to take him out to feed him since its too big to just let the crickets roam around but we put him in his old cage so its something he is used to the total size of the room is approximatly 10 ft by 6.5ft and i have never seen him run so fast probably because he couldn't run fast in his old cage but i would hate for him to get loose he would be gone in seconds

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't wait to see the pics. It sounds very interesting. How far away is he from the UV light?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*grins and holds up a sign that says... "Pictures pictures pictures.... paaaaalease ? ;)*
Janie :D

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well it is all different depending on where he is we have the uv lights on the ceiling and also we have about five different lower places to bask and those all have a uv light attached to the heat light so he can get within 5 inches of either one if he climbs up to it and he does he is running up and down left and right all day i can never find him but when its time to eat worms he knows and he comes out crickets are the only thing we feed elsewhere i just dont have the paitent to try and get them out if uneaten alright got to get to classes got to drive a half hour waste ten mins looking for parking only to go to math for 50 mins. not a fun friday if you ask me haha ugh
Bubba says hello hehehe he is sitting on my shoulder doing his little hand wave thing facing the comp so i can only assume he sees the pics of the "others"

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i officially state from reading the info in this thread that bubba is more than likely the most spoiled of all our dragons. We are going to have to conduct a bearded dragons version of cribs cause he is the "elitest" lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New thread New thread New thread... Naa I don't get excited much do I ;)
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It sounds like you put a lot of thought into his setup. I have never heard of anyone converting an entire room for their pet, let along a lizard! You have to get the camera working again. I want to see if my visual in my head matches up the castle you created for Bubba.....

And yes, I agree - spoiled rotten!

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha well i think bubba deserves it with his history and the fact that we have been the happiest since we got him is credit only given to him and he was our (me and dougs) first pet together so he is the favorite we cant do it for all of our mny many animals since we only have a three bedroom now two but we got plenty of space in our basement for later projects hahaha doug would kill me but the most expensive part was the lighting the wall was half way down already and we had majority of the plexiglass and the floor already had tile on it and the other stuff well dougs dad owns a hardware store so it came pretty easily you could say he is pretty darn spoiled aint he hahaha no need for kids he is our son

Latest posts