• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's been awhile!

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So today I had just fed Daryl a few superworms (I feed greens a bit later so she can digest a little) She went to her basking spot. Then for once MOVED, she got up walked to the back of the tank and back to her basking and the moment she settled, she head bobbed!
I haven't seen her head bob for a loooooong time. And I've had her since she was puny! And even then I only saw her do it once.
Do you think she saw her reflection in the glass?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I have seen beardies bob their head and it is very cool. I have no idea what it means. Mine hasn't done it yet but he is only about 5 months old and has an 'alpha' attitude....:rolleyes:

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
head bobbing is done for several reasons, the one we know of best is a "im the mad" head bob, like showing hes the boss.

Pat B

Super Moderator
My male beardie is not the 'man' in my house! :D I refuse to have an 'alpha' beardie although I do give him a lot of attention!! :rolleyes:

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My male beardie is not the 'man' in my house! :D I refuse to have an 'alpha' beardie although I do give him a lot of attention!! :rolleyes:
he is the man in his own mind.

also it has been said a quick agressive bobing is a dominate gesture, and a slow slight bob is submissive i do beilieve

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So today I had just fed Daryl a few superworms (I feed greens a bit later so she can digest a little) She went to her basking spot. Then for once MOVED, she got up walked to the back of the tank and back to her basking and the moment she settled, she head bobbed!
I haven't seen her head bob for a loooooong time. And I've had her since she was puny! And even then I only saw her do it once.
Do you think she saw her reflection in the glass?
It's very possible! Or just showing off ;).

I have seen beardies bob their head and it is very cool. I have no idea what it means. Mine hasn't done it yet but he is only about 5 months old and has an 'alpha' attitude....:rolleyes:
It can be done for several reasons, mating purposes, domination, or just plain showing you who's the boss ;).

Pat B

Super Moderator
So if my beardies doesn't bob his head at all....does that mean I have him 'well trained?' :rolleyes: NOT!! He has a serious attitude problem....I am sure it is related to the heavy shedding on his tail....Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow after a nice warm bath!! :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So if my beardies doesn't bob his head at all....does that mean I have him 'well trained?' :rolleyes: NOT!! He has a serious attitude problem....I am sure it is related to the heavy shedding on his tail....Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow after a nice warm bath!! :D
They're grumpy while they're shedding!

Latest posts