• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's been a while.. update..

Waffles

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to give you an update.

Waffles is now around 9 months old. (I will have to update his pic.) He has wowed me since day 1 - I never thought lizards could be such valuable family members! I am amazed at how much a family member he is. Anyway, He's about 18" now. Silly guy still won't eat more than a bite of lettuce/veggies, but I figured out he has a sweet tooth and likes fruit. I try to mix some small greens in with his fruit to get him to eat more veggies. We'll see how that goes... He hasn't shown any type of aggression toward any living things (other than crickets and worms - Ha!). Occasionally he'll catch a glimpse of his reflection in his tank and he puffs a little, but the real fun was seeing him get all beardy, flat and sideways at a remote control car (being pushed by hand).

One thing I'm very happy about is that my son is joining the herpetology club with 4H. He doesn't know anyone in the club yet and is still willing to go. This is huge!!!! Thank you, Waffles! ;)

Last thing I wanted to share is funny. The weather has been in the 90s this week so we took him outside. He hadn't pooped in 4 days - Sure enough he went on the grass. My kids were laughing and said we should potty train him. It maybe a fluke but 2 days later he did the same thing. Maybe it's not a fluke because 1-it was hot out and 2 - he always hides from his poop on the other side of the cage. Can't blame him... P U! ;)

See you on the boards!

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Sounds like you and your dragon are spoiling each other. Love reading updates like this.

Natural sunlight can do wonders for an animal. An animal that hasnt been subjected to sunlight in a while 9 times out of 10 will defecate. Its a natural laxative if you will ;P

Latest posts