• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this Yellow Fungal Disease

ajlo55

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardie has recently lost his appetite and become more lethargic. Was eating great last week. Found these dark brown spots. Does this look like YFD to anyone?

20220414_152555.jpg
20220414_152520.jpg
20220414_152453.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our beardie has recently lost his appetite and become more lethargic. Was eating great last week. Found these dark brown spots. Does this look like YFD to anyone?

View attachment 31920View attachment 31921View attachment 31922
All I see is shed--- lethargic is not good --- please post what your using for a UVB --- please no coils -- surface basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? You need a digital probe thermometer for that

ajlo55

Bearded Dragon Egg
I did not soak him but will. He has been shedding recently. So it looks like a stuck shed to you?

T8 uvb with cover removed.
ReptiSun basking bulb. Basking temp currently 93 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did not soak him but will. He has been shedding recently. So it looks like a stuck shed to you?

T8 uvb with cover removed.
ReptiSun basking bulb. Basking temp currently 93 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is the T 8 in the tank or top of screen? Please get your basking surface temp to 98-100. Please let the shed do it's thing

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
When you bathe, you can use a soft toothbrush to gently rub the skin. This helps loosen the stuck shed. Humidifiers (if needed) help as well. When young, be sure to bath them often. My vet told us to bathe him every couple days while shedding a lot.

ajlo55

Bearded Dragon Egg
When you bathe, you can use a soft toothbrush to gently rub the skin. This helps loosen the stuck shed. Humidifiers (if needed) help as well. When young, be sure to bath them often. My vet told us to bathe him every couple days while shedding a lot.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, his elbow now has a red spot surrounded by white. Any thoughts on this? Perhaps the shed came off prematurely?

Attachments

• 20220426_190304.jpg
    20220426_190304.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220426_190310.jpg
    20220426_190310.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, his elbow now has a red spot surrounded by white. Any thoughts on this? Perhaps the shed came off prematurely?
That looks like an abrasion - or possibly what you said about the shed -- any kids in the house? Please put some raw unpasteurized honey on it a couple times a day please make sure there are no crickets in the tank if your feeding them - the honey will kill any infection and promote healing

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Poor baby. Try what Sadie suggested and/or an exotic vet. Hopefully he gets better soon.

Latest posts