• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this tank ok?

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got given this 4 x 1 x 1 tank today and im not sure if its suitable for our little beardie.

tumblr_n4ai1uhRdd1qdzuh1o1_500.jpg

(Excuse the pup - she thought it was for her!)
We live on the coast in Lancashire, north west England, so it can get quite cold here and i worry i won't keep it warm enough. At the moment he's housed in a wooden 34" x 15" x 22" vivarium and he's only small. He's about 4.5 inches nose to tail base (he has a tail nip and a kink so i don't measure his tail). Should i put him in the glass tank for the extra room or leave him where he is for now and utilize the tank for my dubia roach colony?

tumblr_n3z935AbBz1tr4rsqo1_500.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally i would go with the bigger tank BUT you gotta have heat. Uva / uvb bulb for basking and i use a heat lamp (no light) at night. Get the basking spot up to about 100 f. Whats your current viv set up? Can you post a pic? Theres lots of info on this site and lots of good folk willing to share their knowledge. Looks like your boy is missin the toes on both back feet? Welcome

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
inside the vivarium the basking spot is around 105f but on rare hotter days gets to 110f. At night its maintaining at about 70f without needing additional heating but i know for sure that its colder outside and with that tank having a wire top and being glass i don't know if it would hold the heat as well. I do have a ceramic bulb and holder ready just incase that i could set up if necessary. He will inevitably need a bigger viv or wider tank when he gets bigger though :)

Her viv at the moment is actually taller than this one, but has the same floor space and set up.
tumblr_n19aqvUCj21qdzuh1o1_500.jpg

Yes, she's missing her back two feet and half her tail. She came from a very careless backyard 'breeder' and she wasn't so great at getting around when i got her so we had a smaller viv ready with everything on the floor at first. She's been doing excellently and has learnt to climb and stuff now so has all sorts of stuff in there for her :)

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would just keep her in the one shes in now. Looks big enough for her as an adult. No need to chage it and stress her out

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh id keep her in the one she in it looks very nice n homely. N sje got plenty of room in there ;)

Latest posts