• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this tailrot or sheding

Rivensdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon we just got has some black specks on the tip of her tail and the entiredy of her tail is miscolored

Attachments

• 20200910_211446.jpg
    20200910_211446.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200910_211449.jpg
    20200910_211449.jpg
    931.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200910_211452.jpg
    20200910_211452.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 35

natashag08

Bearded Dragon Egg
The top part of her tail appears to be part of her shed. The tip almost looks like she may have been nipped by another beardie.

Rivensdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
The top part of her tail appears to be part of her shed. The tip almost looks like she may have been nipped by another beardie.
Is that something i should be concerned about im pretty worried and wanting to know if a vet trip is needed

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it looks dead - you need to watch for infection - if it starts to move up the tail you will need to go into the vet--- sometimes it will fall off in the meantime you can get some raw unpasteurized honey and put it on the end - do not feed crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail

Rivensdad

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes it looks dead - you need to watch for infection - if it starts to move up the tail you will need to go into the vet--- sometimes it will fall off in the meantime you can get some raw unpasteurized honey and put it on the end - do not feed crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail
Thats bad ive been feeding her crickets but been monitoring her eat should i start hand feeding them one at a time to make it so they cant get her tail

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Put it on the part where it ends on the tail- upwards toward the base - keep pics of it so you can see if it's changing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thats bad ive been feeding her crickets but been monitoring her eat should i start hand feeding them one at a time to make it so they cant get her tail
Yes make sure you get them all out

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can also soak the tail in a betadine solution make it look like a tea

Latest posts