• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this something different?

Kankool2sk8

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just got this beardie yesterday
The name is Mushu great with people and kids and turns 2 in December
I noticed this with the left eye and am curious to whats going on with it
In good health and no stress markings

Just more curious of the eye is all
If you zoom in on his eye it looks almost like two pupils??

Attachments

• 20231019_063720.jpg
    20231019_063720.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just got this beardie yesterday
The name is Mushu great with people and kids and turns 2 in December
I noticed this with the left eye and am curious to whats going on with it
In good health and no stress markings

Just more curious of the eye is all
If you zoom in on his eye it looks almost like two pupils??
The dragon looks in rough shape--- the eye I cant help but I can see if I can get Tracie to take a look - shes a vet tech on here -- does he seem to be able to see out of it? Make sure your lighting is up to par --- NO coils for UVB NO colored bulbs or off white or yellowish or Day bulbs for basking-- you want a solid clear bright white bulb and a long tube fixture for a UVB -- I can post links for 3 good UVB's ---surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- this is all crucial to the health of the dragon

Kankool2sk8

Bearded Dragon Egg
The dragon looks in rough shape--- the eye I cant help but I can see if I can get Tracie to take a look - shes a vet tech on here -- does he seem to be able to see out of it? Make sure your lighting is up to par --- NO coils for UVB NO colored bulbs or off white or yellowish or Day bulbs for basking-- you want a solid clear bright white bulb and a long tube fixture for a UVB -- I can post links for 3 good UVB's ---surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- this is all crucial to the health of the dragon
I have tube uvb lights and a basking bulb
Lady said he or she I can't tell gender lol has been eating crickets

I have another beardie that loves its salads
Lettuce grapes and strawberries meal worms and wax worms and crickets
She's been stressed due to our baby being a bit loud but to relocate her in house to where it's more quite

Attachments

• 20231019_063819.jpg
    20231019_063819.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Kankool2sk8

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have tube uvb lights and a basking bulb
Lady said he or she I can't tell gender lol has been eating crickets

I have another beardie that loves its salads
Lettuce grapes and strawberries meal worms and wax worms and crickets
She's been stressed due to our baby being a bit loud but to relocate her in house to where it's more quite
To answer the question if musha can see out the eye is a yes mushu is in the shedding process I'm taking them Friday to get gendered and to see what my next steps could be to getting them on a healthier diet and to be more playful

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To answer the question if musha can see out the eye is a yes mushu is in the shedding process I'm taking them Friday to get gendered and to see what my next steps could be to getting them on a healthier diet and to be more playful
I have tube uvb lights and a basking bulb-- what is the brand and bulb of the UVB and where is it placed? Are you feeding ice berg lettuce? I would feed the wax worms sparingly they are very fatty and can cause liver issues- how is the baby being loud? Can they see each other? Please post a pic of the dragons vent tail in the air placed on a hard surface-- I can see if I can tell the gender - if not I can get someone who can --- please NO enemas at the vet -- take a stool sample in - enemas can cause all kinds of injuries and we dont ever recommend them
https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/beware-of-vets-giving-enemas-to-your-dragon.252267/
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder

Kankool2sk8

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have tube uvb lights and a basking bulb-- what is the brand and bulb of the UVB and where is it placed? Are you feeding ice berg lettuce? I would feed the wax worms sparingly they are very fatty and can cause liver issues- how is the baby being loud? Can they see each other? Please post a pic of the dragons vent tail in the air placed on a hard surface-- I can see if I can tell the gender - if not I can get someone who can --- please NO enemas at the vet -- take a stool sample in - enemas can cause all kinds of injuries and we dont ever recommend them
https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/beware-of-vets-giving-enemas-to-your-dragon.252267/
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder
Mushu has an underwater
Calcium and vitamins are needed
Don't want mushu to have bone deficiency
10uvb for tube lighting
I'm not worried about the lighting

I'm more concerned about the eye

I did mention I'm taking both moon and mushu to get gendered at the local pet store

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mushu has an underwater
Calcium and vitamins are needed
Don't want mushu to have bone deficiency
10uvb for tube lighting
I'm not worried about the lighting

I'm more concerned about the eye

I did mention I'm taking both moon and mushu to get gendered at the local pet store
Please post a pic of the uvb- lighting plays a huge part in their eyesight- distance and placement is crucial-

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Were you able to get Mushu to the vets?
I would get some saline solution to rinse the eye out with, one or two times per day. You can also get some
raw unpasteurized honey & thin that down with distilled water to use like eye drops.
Be sure the basking light is nice & bright too.

Let usknow how he is doing.

Tracie

Latest posts