• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this shedding?

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just noticed over the past week Butter's body has been getting darker right from the top of her head right down her back and is now on her belly. Its almost translucent looking but just curious as to why its taking so long to come off? Def been about a week since we noticed it and been giving her regular baths to help it along but doesn't seem to budge?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks like he could be going into shed. Just keep up with the baths. Even spray him in his tank every now and then. Mine have been in shed for weeks now, it takes some time but it will come off.

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
We had tried raising the humidity in the viv by leaving a bowl of clean water in the viv, even over night but noticed she was sleeping with her mouth open a little which was apparently caused by it being too humid? Or was this just a lot of nonsense and was she just in a deep sleep? (I think im driving my other half nuts as he's quite relaxed with all this stuff where as i see her as my little baby and panic every time something is different) im also going to be a pain and ask another question. Is she ok to sleep in her hide at night? The temps are sitting at around 25c (77f) she's only 9 month's atm.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You will make yourself crazy when you first get a beardie. Everything they do is so foreign to us. It's okay for her to sleep in her hide, they will sleep where ever they want whenever they want. We used to laugh, when ours were small as soon as the light went off their eyes closed and they were out.It didn't matter what they were doing when the light went out, it looked like a game of freeze tag! Don't worry about the sleeping with the mouth open, she's just relaxed, my girl always does that.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You will make yourself crazy when you first get a beardie. Everything they do is so foreign to us. It's okay for her to sleep in her hide, they will sleep where ever they want whenever they want. We used to laugh, when ours were small as soon as the light went off their eyes closed and they were out.It didn't matter what they were doing when the light went out, it looked like a game of freeze tag! Don't worry about the sleeping with the mouth open, she's just relaxed, my girl always does that.

lol that is what Mushu does at night . It is so cute. When he first came he would open one eye to peak and make sure everything is ok. Now he is out he must be comfortable here now. Dragons are so fun I should of listened to my hubby and bought one years ago.

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im definitely driving us both crazy. Its our first ever reptile together so any little change and im running around screaming she needs a vet haha. Its almost like she knew i posted this, as soon as i was back from work noticed a nice flappy bit of dry skin on the top of her head so its finally starting and hopefully she will stop being a grouch. I do miss her sleeping on her log though. Her little face always made me happy

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
Not to worry. Shedding makes me nervous every time it happens. Baths are great if your Beardie likes them. I have a grumpy old curmudgeon guy who hates baths and only likes being under the hand held shower head. My other prefers to be in the bath. She even swims around in the sink.
It's easy to make yourself crazy it first. Try to relax and enjoy them!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not to worry. Shedding makes me nervous every time it happens. Baths are great if your Beardie likes them. I have a grumpy old curmudgeon guy who hates baths and only likes being under the hand held shower head. My other prefers to be in the bath. She even swims around in the sink.
It's easy to make yourself crazy it first. Try to relax and enjoy them!

I thought my Dexter was the only weird one that liked to sit under the shower head! Luci sorta likes it but it still scares him a bit.

Latest posts