• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this possible???

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I'm posting this pic of my friends BD Pikkewyn and another one shes taking care of called Halfjack.... They are the exact same age (came from the same batch of eggs) , and the breeder told her they are now 5 months old :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I think not.... ??? They are awfully tiny . . . could they really be 5 months.
And what could be the reason for their sizes varying so much.

Halfjack is having a terrible time eating... Considdering force feeding

SNC00439-1.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When did your friend get these dragons?

As I see it I would sincerely doubt that those two dragons are anywere near 5 months old. I would buy 5 weeks old but not 5 months. And the smaller one looks to be dehydrated and underweight. Is he the one having issues with eating? Also, looks like the smaller one's tail got nipped by a cagemate. Did that happen before or after your friend got them. Are they housed together? If the larger one is bullying the smaller one things will only get worse in the health department.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, so tiny. I find it hard believe that they are 5 months old too. There could be a number of reasons for the size difference. I think Brian is trying to get to it with his questions.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I agree, 5 weeks seems more realistic.

The larger one (Pikkewyn) is my friends.. The small one (Halfjack) is only staying there temporarily. There were apparently 2 babies that small, one died and the breeder asked my friend to try to help with Halfjack as she was scared he would die too. So he\ll only be staying there temporarily. And yes he is living with my friends BD.

Yes he is also the one having trouble eating. She says he only eats approx 2-3 crics a day... And he is not getting the hang of catching them yet. So I suggested putting him in a margarine tub with his crics to make the space smaller during feedings, as now he just chases them in the viv and never catches any...

My friend then holds him and holds the cric to his mouth till he chews it up. I also told her to get the Butternut Puritee (Baby food) and to add crics in the food processor, blend it up and feed with eye dropper for xtra nutrients.

He is very agressive, does this... at everything that moves
SNC00441.jpg

I also said if she doesnt cope, I will take him, have an xtra 20 Gal viv, just needs UV light. But doesnt look like she will though :'(
All I can do now is advise and pray.... But hes sooo Cute

Latest posts