• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this ok to feed my beardie?

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My grandma got me these, I know dry food isn't all you should feed them and I won't of course, but idk if these are ok for her. Especially the dried shrimp? Like I've never heard of a beardie eating those and I was just wondering if its ok :)
20201220_151107.jpg

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
The buffet blend and crickets are okay, but have little nutrition and moisture content. Make sure to only use them as treats. Soak both of them in water before you feed them, it makes it easier to eat and more appetizing.
Avoid the river shrimp, it's made to be a treat for aquatic/semi-aquatic animals. Not sure what it would do to a beardie, but it may contain harmful vitamins or be too high in fat for them.
P.S: Don't open the crickets around other people, they usually smell awful.

Evil_axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The buffet blend and crickets are okay, but have little nutrition and moisture content. Make sure to only use them as treats. Soak both of them in water before you feed them, it makes it easier to eat and more appetizing.
Avoid the river shrimp, it's made to be a treat for aquatic/semi-aquatic animals. Not sure what it would do to a beardie, but it may contain harmful vitamins or be too high in fat for them.
Thank you!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recommend fresh salads every day and live insects --- the dry frozen jarred or canned are really not very nutritional
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you can get insects and worms on line for her / him --- feeding those foods from the petstores is like feeding her McDonalds every day --

Latest posts