• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal?

Katelin Cornwell

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am a new beardie owner. Bowser is only a few months old. I just noticed this popp this morning and it doesn't look like his other smaller pellet like poops. Should I be concerned? His diet consists mainly of meal worms and juvenile beardie pellets. I offer greens but he wants no parts of f then. He gets calcium powder on his words once a week.

Attachments

• 20191110_125421.jpg
    20191110_125421.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 122

Katelin Cornwell

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
First of all he should not be eating meal worms --- they are too hard on his stomach the exoskeleton ---hes a few months old his diet should be a salad first every morning w/ a few like 3 super worms small if you can get them or you can use wax worms or butter worms like 3 they are like candy to to them - you can also use BSFL as many as you want they are a good staple feeder and do not require dusting --- order these from here
https://symtonbsf.com/--- add these to his salad on top and let him see you put them on the salad so you need a bowl that the worms cannot get out of ---- then after he eats his salad and worms like for 30 minutes or so add your staple feeder to the bowl ---- crickets or dubia roaches you can get dubias from here if you cant find them in a local pet store -- www.dubiaroaches.com or www.abdragons.com or https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/ these are good places to order shop around --- bugs should be dusted 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week i use Jurassivite ---- w/ all this I have told you what kind of set up do you have for your dragon --- the lighting in that tank is crucial ---- tell me what size tank you have the brand and bulb for UVB and basking light ----- there should be NO colored bulbs -- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them infrared heat gun stick ons or a digital probe?

His tank is one of the starter kit from Petco.

Katelin Cornwell

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok you got a coil UVB? looks like this
shopping
if it does you need to get rid of it
you need this
shopping
is the tank a 40 gallon---- your basking temps should be 105-110 and you should be using a bright white basking bulb --- NO colored ---- Petsmart and Petco give bad advice and most often not they end up killing the dragons w / their advice --- basking temps should be taken w / a digital probe and or a infrared heat gun---- they are the most accurate stick ons are not good for this only the ambient temps------ there should be no colored bulbs ---- they hurt the dragons eyes and can cause long term eye damage ------------- what are you using for substrate --- nothing loose it can cause impaction - you can use paper towels if that is what you have now --- I flying blind here since you told me nothing or showed me nothing ---- if you can post a pic of the tank and lighting and I can better help you

It's a20 gal. The light is white, the other is a cool like but not like the one soons. I have a little little reptile carpet thing that came with it.

Attachments

• 20191110_184123.jpg
    20191110_184123.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111

annambucher

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a new beardie owner. Bowser is only a few months old. I just noticed this popp this morning and it doesn't look like his other smaller pellet like poops. Should I be concerned? His diet consists mainly of meal worms and juvenile beardie pellets. I offer greens but he wants no parts of f then. He gets calcium powder on his words once a week.
I recommend feeding crickets or Dubia roaches as the main food. As far as the poop, it looks normal to me

Latest posts