• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this enclosure ok?

cherrypeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just recently bought a bearded dragon and I was wondering if this enclosure is good for him and can he live in here the rest of his life? And please do tell if I am doing anything wrong or if I need to add anything I truly appreciate the feedback! !

uploadfromtaptalk1404172210453.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404172503737.jpg

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
And no that tank your beardie can not stay in..... You need a 40 gallon breeder at MINIMUM. Also with that tank you have it will be pretty hard to regulate proper temps and humidity for your beardie..........

How are you measuring temps?

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
yeah definitely will need a different tank eventually I have had good luck with a good ole aquarium with a heat resistant screen top

cherrypeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
And no that tank your beardie can not stay in..... You need a 40 gallon breeder at MINIMUM. Also with that tank you have it will be pretty hard to regulate proper temps and humidity for your beardie..........

How are you measuring temps?
Alrighty I'll try my best to get him a big tank. I have a little thermometer that sticks to the tank that the pet shop gave me.

cherrypeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
yeah definitely will need a different tank eventually I have had good luck with a good ole aquarium with a heat resistant screen top
I'll definitely be getting a big tank for him soon once he grows a bit more thank you

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok......

You need to have a temperature probe at the basking spot.... Those Stickney ones are **** and DO NOT read accurately at all.........

Basking temps need to be 100-115max with an ambient temp of 85. Humidity 10-20%.

Remeber with temps the closer he can get to the bulb the hotter it is.... So place the sensor up most spot to the bulb(highest point dragon can get)

You also need a UVB bulb either Repti sun 10.0 or a Repti glow 10.0. Spanning the tank.

cherrypeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok......

You need to have a temperature probe at the basking spot.... Those Stickney ones are **** and DO NOT read accurately at all.........

Basking temps need to be 100-115max with an ambient temp of 85. Humidity 10-20%.

Remeber with temps the closer he can get to the bulb the hotter it is.... So place the sensor up most spot to the bulb(highest point dragon can get)

You also need a UVB bulb either Repti sun 10.0 or a Repti glow 10.0. Spanning the tank.
Thank youu so very much for your help, all these supplies are on my list for my next pet store run tomorrow

Latest posts