• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this behavior concerning?

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon, about 10 months old, has drastically slowed down his eating in the past 3 weeks. He doesnt appear to be losing any weight, but he has not had a full shed since the summer as well, only shedding his head (not even all the way, just partially usually). He is still very active and energetic, but seems very disinterested in his food, eating maybe a couple leaves of mustard/turnip greens every couple days. He has also been turning down dubias, offered every day, and also doesnt seem interested in super worms either. When he does eat, his poop is minimal but overall looks normal, just a little more liquidly probably due to him only being interested in greens when he does eat. I've been back and forth on a vet visit because im in college and only want to go when absolutely necessary. His last fecal was over the summer and it came back clean.

I used a MVB paired with with tube reptisun UV bulbs (the full name/style is escaping me right now) 40g tank, basking 100, cool 75. house is about 65 at night.
He gets a bath every week at a minimum, twice if theres time.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
At 10 months, he could be toying with brumation. Slowing down his habits but not fully going to sleep. If he's not losing weight, I wouldn't worry too much.

The other thing to do is to make sure your bulbs are fresh and still giving out proper UVB.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh, just reread....bump up your temps. They should still be around 105 at that age. They don't become adults until about 18 months and at that time they should be kept around 98 degrees. The cool side of the tank during the day should be closer to 80 degrees.

Latest posts