• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this beardie healthy?

byates0825

Bearded Dragon Egg
Recently acquired a bearded dragon (approximately 2 years old) from a friend of a friend, and I’m just curious is he healthy? My father had a bearded dragon that is about 4 years old and is quite a big fatter and a little longer than this one.
He just seems underweight to me but I don’t know as much about the weight and stuff. Just want to make sure he looks good! He’s very active.

Attachments

• A0FA8174-E28D-4ADA-9319-ECF03DAA7BB1.jpeg
    A0FA8174-E28D-4ADA-9319-ECF03DAA7BB1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 3247E242-6B65-475C-9A5C-1B27DB9F4C36.jpeg
    3247E242-6B65-475C-9A5C-1B27DB9F4C36.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 9926A914-7488-4905-9290-F49E39683BF1.jpeg
    9926A914-7488-4905-9290-F49E39683BF1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • F1476F1C-0895-4C6D-8585-6CBD11981FE8.jpeg
    F1476F1C-0895-4C6D-8585-6CBD11981FE8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Recently acquired a bearded dragon (approximately 2 years old) from a friend of a friend, and I’m just curious is he healthy? My father had a bearded dragon that is about 4 years old and is quite a big fatter and a little longer than this one.
He just seems underweight to me but I don’t know as much about the weight and stuff. Just want to make sure he looks good! He’s very active.
He looks okay but looks to be on the small side for a dragon of 2 years old--- --- the most important thing is the surface basking temps which need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - 95-100 -- and his UVB --- NO coils -- they will cause all kinds of health issues -- if you need help w/ this I can recommend 3 good UVB's --- NO colored lights at all in the tank --- I can help w/ diet as well --

byates0825

Bearded Dragon Egg
Th
He looks okay but looks to be on the small side for a dragon of 2 years old--- --- the most important thing is the surface basking temps which need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - 95-100 -- and his UVB --- NO coils -- they will cause all kinds of health issues -- if you need help w/ this I can recommend 3 good UVB's --- NO colored lights at all in the tank --- I can help w/ diet as well
The lights we were given are just a regular light and then a heat lamp that the light is red colored. We have a thermometer in there that sticks down in the sand, but temp hasn’t shown over 80. Definitely need help with all the set up and stuff. We kind of got him last second because the friend of a friend could no longer care for him/her so we are trying to gather everything we need.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Th

The lights we were given are just a regular light and then a heat lamp that the light is red colored. We have a thermometer in there that sticks down in the sand, but temp hasn’t shown over 80. Definitely need help with all the set up and stuff. We kind of got him last second because the friend of a friend could no longer care for him/her so we are trying to gather everything we need.
ok first ditch the red light -- they cause eye damage and if on at night will keep the dragon up all night - the colored bulb distorts their vision --- you need a good basking bulb ---- here are some good examples --- Flukers basking bulb these are solid clear bright white bulbs they will be trial and error w/ getting correct surface temps -- start w/ a 100 watt make sure you have the digital probe thermometers to get the temps 95-100--- Exo Terra Intense basking bulb or a Arcadia Halogen basking bulb next UVB-- I am going to post what you need -- please get these thing immediately
for a 40 + gallon tank 24" for these fixtures
this fixture comes w/ 5.0 bulb this is good for small tank like a 20 gallon you will need the bulb I am going to post as well https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651
22" bulb https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
or this one it can be found at PetSmart they are now carrying them you want the 24 watt / 12% bulb
or this one its the Sunblaster Nano Tech 2 ft or 24" you will need the Reptisun bulb I posted above for this fixture
you want 2 of these found here https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...mometer-14914.html?cgid=500113&fmethod=Browse or here
to be honest I am surprised the dragon is eating at all --- incorrect lighting all the way around effect his health and eating -- the dragon has not had proper care please get these things as soon as you can -- he needs the UVB NOW-- when you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you place it for your tank --- the screen will determine where it needs to go and distanced

Latest posts