• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is there something I need to take the bearded dragon home in?

Joe Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im thinking about getting a bearded dragon but I don’t know if I need something to put it in for the travel back to my house. Do I need to buy like a travel bag for it or something. I’d really appreciate some help.

Thanks Joe

Joe Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
i got my beardies a state away from my house brought them home in my nana's dogs carrying case. It was also over a two hour drive.
I use to have a budgie so maybe I could use his carry case to bring the beardy home just add some towel or something on the bottom of it. It's a fabric carry thing, shoul be fine for the dragon.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
the weather is not great it's raining today but I'll probably get it at the weekend. It's about a 15minute drive to my house from the shop

That's a nice short drive - you could use the budgie's carrier, and if you want to, you could put a warmed (not too hot!) hot/cold pack or hand warmer in with a washcloth or small towel over it. Even without that, I'm sure the dragon would be fine in the carrier for such a short time. I'm actually getting my new dragon this weekend, too! Hooray!

Joe Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's a nice short drive - you could use the budgie's carrier, and if you want to, you could put a warmed (not too hot!) hot/cold pack or hand warmer in with a washcloth or small towel over it. Even without that, I'm sure the dragon would be fine in the carrier for such a short time. I'm actually getting my new dragon this weekend, too! Hooray!
Thanks for the help, have fun with your new one. Also I have another thread which is just about any tips as I’m new to all this so could you maybe check that out? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks again

Jacob melanistic

Juvenile Dragon
you should get a repti mat for the floor and a hide of some kind. a big turtle shell works great! also, they love waxworms, but dont feed too many. 3 is a good number for a treat. give them mostly crickets, because mealworms are too fatty for baby's.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks for the help, have fun with your new one. Also I have another thread which is just about any tips as I’m new to all this so could you maybe check that out? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks again
Thanks - you too!
I'll look for your other thread. I had a beardie 20-some-odd years ago, who lived to be 9, even with having only the knowledge from a fairly basic care book. It's so nice to have all the resources we have now!

Latest posts