• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is there enough light?

Liz_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our year old beardie is in her new ReptiZoo 120 gallon terrarium as of today. The company advertises the thinner wire allows more UVA/UVB light through but the tank seems less light than her previous tank that had a thicker wire but bigger holes. This is closer to the screen you would have on your window.
Does anybody have any experience with these terrariums?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our year old beardie is in her new ReptiZoo 120 gallon terrarium as of today. The company advertises the thinner wire allows more UVA/UVB light through but the tank seems less light than her previous tank that had a thicker wire but bigger holes. This is closer to the screen you would have on your window.
Does anybody have any experience with these terrariums?
No I just know that screens block 30% of UVB rays and those should be in the tank distanced 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if your using a ReptiZoo bulb I recommend you change it out - the quality of the bulb is not very good - I would go w/ either a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% 24 watt bulb- those are very good bulbs - changed out every 10-11 months-

Liz_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
No I just know that screens block 30% of UVB rays and those should be in the tank distanced 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if your using a ReptiZoo bulb I recommend you change it out - the quality of the bulb is not very good - I would go w/ either a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% 24 watt bulb- those are very good bulbs - changed out every 10-11 months-
Thank you so much for the help!

Latest posts