• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is there anything I can use to keep lamps on cage?

marjam

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 2 lamps that just sit on the top of my cage, last night when we were gone one of our cats knocked one down and thank god we got home in time or the whole house could have been burned down. It burned a huge hole in the carpet. Is there something I can use to keep them firmly on the cage in case one of them jumps on the cage? Thanks.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I set up tape booby traps around the too of the tank so the cat won't jump up there. We used to have problems with her in the past, she liked to sit on top of the gecko's tank. She even burned herself once and that didn't stop her! When we got our first bearded dragon we did the tape thing but also provided her with an area to sit and watch. That's all she wanted was to be able to see and she stopped jumping on top.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I also included her in the whole feeding process. I'd have her come downstairs with me to get crickets and then come back up and she'd watch me feed Dexter. I think after doing that for so long it got boring for her!

marjam

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah I think she gets up there because it's warm. I will have to check our pet store here and see what I can find. If not I will have to keep the cat locked away when we leave or turn the lamps off.

TarynLee

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394584714.583006.jpg

I just bought this from Amazon. It stickies to the outside of the viv and u can adjust the height. When I have the screen on it's adjusted so it sits perfectly on the screen but it will not knock over :)

Latest posts