• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is She Gravid or Just Getting Really Fat?

Is she gravid or fat?

• Total voters

nikkivikki87

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm trying to find out if my bearded dragon is gravid or just getting very fat the last few days. She mated with my male about a week ago. I need to know so I dont up her calcium and food and risk causing other issues. The first pick is right after brumation the second is today.

Attachments

• 20141115_093202.jpg
    20141115_093202.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20150401_104634.jpg
    20150401_104634.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 55

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't have experience in this but I read somewhere that you can feel the eggs in her belly if she is gravid. Not sure if that is right or not.

nikkivikki87

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can sometimes between 2-3 weeks but all she wants to do is eat mostly live food and I'm worried about giving her to much if she's not gravid.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
she does look possible gravid to me. But when my female laid eggs, we really could only see or feel them after about three weeks so one week might be a bit too early to tell for sure.
I don't think raising her calcium intake would hurt just in case. Better to have a little extra than risk her being gravid and having the eggs deplete her of it. Doesn't need to be a lot extra, just some. Some phoenix worms every other day and a good dusting like usual should be plenty.

nikkivikki87

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is her yesterday after her bath and I think I can feel little bumps in her stomach.

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    946.3 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts