• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is powdery mildew on dandelions safe for my dragon (after I clean the leaves)?

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all!
I've just signed up because I have a question I can't find an answer to.
I'm growing dandelions for me beardie Karl, he likes them a lot which is great for staple veggie.
But I always have to throw a lot of it as it gets powdery mildew. I don't want to use chemicals to kill it as I don't want that in Karl's food.
Is the powdery mildew safe for Karl (provided I clean the leaves well, which I do in any case)?
If not, is there a way to avoid it?
Note: Karl has issues with yeast that took a long time to clear (don't know if that makes a difference).
Thank you for your help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all!
I've just signed up because I have a question I can't find an answer to.
I'm growing dandelions for me beardie Karl, he likes them a lot which is great for staple veggie.
But I always have to throw a lot of it as it gets powdery mildew. I don't want to use chemicals to kill it as I don't want that in Karl's food.
Is the powdery mildew safe for Karl (provided I clean the leaves well, which I do in any case)?
If not, is there a way to avoid it?
Note: Karl has issues with yeast that took a long time to clear (don't know if that makes a difference).
Thank you for your help.
Boy I am not sure I can ask around and see if anyone else might know --

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
This is what she had to say
Probably not safe, no need to chance it with plenty of other options for feeding.
Hi, who said what? I'm not gonna feed him the dandelion affected, though I'm curious of the info. Thx

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
Would anyone know how to stop the mildew from happening? I've changed the soil, cleaned the pots. I thought it had worked this time, but it's come back... Dandelions are Karl's favourite, so I'll keep growing them. Would be nice not to have to chuck so much out.
Thank you again

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Would anyone know how to stop the mildew from happening? I've changed the soil, cleaned the pots. I thought it had worked this time, but it's come back... Dandelions are Karl's favourite, so I'll keep growing them. Would be nice not to have to chuck so much out.
Thank you again
I dont have a green thumb ---- have you tried googling it and found some answers that way -- ? I am waiting to hear back from one other person -- see if they know anything about how to stop the mildew

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you again

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you growing this in your yard?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have only heard back from one person of the two I asked -- she has said try growing them elsewhere - the only thing I can think of its too humid where your growing them

Scotjess

Hatchling Dragon
So I have only heard back from one person of the two I asked -- she has said try growing them elsewhere - the only thing I can think of its too humid where your growing them
I'm in Glasgow, so it's often wet. Might need to try to get a grow light, so I can put the next pots away from the windowsill. Karl loves those, so I'm gonna try again. I'm gutted after I thought it was gone this time.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm in Glasgow, so it's often wet. Might need to try to get a grow light, so I can put the next pots away from the windowsill. Karl loves those, so I'm gonna try again. I'm gutted after I thought it was gone this time.
Too much humidity then - Glasgow as in Scotland

Latest posts