• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tank too crowded?

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is my beardies tank too crowded?? if so what should I take out?
63813803603__EC976943-48D9-4E49-968C-ABE56A4C4182.jpeg

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright I took it out, but for the uvb I honestly don’t know if it’s a T8 or T5 all I know is its a thrive uvb bulb that came w the kit they sell @ petsmart. I really want the best for him, where should I be placing the uvb bulb? I currently have the uvb in the center and the blasking bulb right over the big rock.
I would take out the huge water dish if hes not using it --- the UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 -- distance and placement is crucial here

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not for a baby, but in six months he wont even fit in there, may i ask what kind of lights he’s using? Definitely ur screen top is blocking ur uvb rays aswell .
Thanks for replying! Yeah I’m getting a new tank once he grows up it’s just for currently. im gonna be honest, I don’t really know what type of lights they are,, i got the kit that came w the lights, one uvb and one basking bulb, i got the kit from petsmart and the brand is thrive. And i got night bulb cause the petsmart people recommended it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for replying! Yeah I’m getting a new tank once he grows up it’s just for currently. im gonna be honest, I don’t really know what type of lights they are,, i got the kit that came w the lights, one uvb and one basking bulb, i got the kit from petsmart and the brand is thrive. And i got night bulb cause the petsmart people recommended it.
Ok do you still have info that came w/ the kit--- or post the kit you got so I can see the UVB- get rid of that night bulb ASAP if it's a colored bulb and please DO NOT listen to them anymore - they often give bad advice and have not a clue to how to.take care of dragons--- colored bulbs distort their vision and cause all kinds of issues-- coiled UVB's are bad as well but I need to see what that uvb is- that and the basking temps are the TWO MOST important thing in that tank - basking temps need to.be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- stickons are inaccurate--

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok do you still have info that came w/ the kit--- or post the kit you got so I can see the UVB- get rid of that night bulb ASAP if it's a colored bulb and please DO NOT listen to them anymore - they often give bad advice and have not a clue to how to.take care of dragons--- colored bulbs distort their vision and cause all kinds of issues-- coiled UVB's are bad as well but I need to see what that uvb is- that and the basking temps are the TWO MOST important thing in that tank - basking temps need to.be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-- stickons are inaccurate--
omg I really didn’t know it harms them! Thank you sm for telling me this. I’m going to petco rn to get something better then that night bulb! Instead of the night bulb do I get a another uvb bulb? Also I found what kit I got,, it’s the desert reptile Terrarium Esstials Kit 20 g here’s the box photo:

Attachments

• B9083A79-1511-4E80-B5F5-F554D3DB666D.jpeg
    B9083A79-1511-4E80-B5F5-F554D3DB666D.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
omg I really didn’t know it harms them! Thank you sm for telling me this. I’m going to petco rn to get something better then that night bulb! Instead of the night bulb do I get a another uvb bulb? Also I found what kit I got,, it’s the desert reptile Terrarium Esstials Kit 20 g here’s the box photo:
Get rid of the coil UVB 13 watt- they are terrible UVB's-- you will need a 24" fixture like zoo med sunblaster or Arcadia- w/ this bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 5- the pet stores do not usually carry these- since your upgrading to a larger tank please get that fixture or you will be buying another one- www.pangeareptiles.com
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24"
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
You do not need a heat bulb if your tank is 65 or above- if it is you would need a ceramic heat emitter--- the 24" fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb it will be perfect for the 20 gallon-- please get the temps in the tank in the morning+ the stick ons will work but please get a zoo med digital probe thermometer at the pet store

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
They need darkness at night. No need for lights especially coloured ones. Coloured lights harm as Sadie indicated and also disturbs their sleep making them stressed

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get rid of the coil UVB 13 watt- they are terrible UVB's-- you will need a 24" fixture like zoo med sunblaster or Arcadia- w/ this bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 5- the pet stores do not usually carry these- since your upgrading to a larger tank please get that fixture or you will be buying another one- www.pangeareptiles.com
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24"
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
You do not need a heat bulb if your tank is 65 or above- if it is you would need a ceramic heat emitter--- the 24" fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb it will be perfect for the 20 gallon-- please get the temps in the tank in the morning+ the stick ons will work but please get a zoo med digital probe thermometer at the pet store
alright, thanks again for helping me out and for giving the links!! now I know for next time- but just one more question- so in total I would have one basking light, the 10.0 T 5 Uvb bulb and thats it? Also when he gets older and gets a new tank(65 g) do I need to get another uvb bulb cause it’s a bigger tank?

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
They need darkness at night. No need for lights especially coloured ones. Coloured lights harm as Sadie indicated and also disturbs their sleep making them stressed
thanks for replying!!! Yeah thanks to Sadie I’ve gotten rid of the night bulb and now hes just gonna sleep in the dark. thanks for the clarification though!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alright, thanks again for helping me out and for giving the links!! now I know for next time- but just one more question- so in total I would have one basking light, the 10.0 T 5 Uvb bulb and thats it? Also when he gets older and gets a new tank(65 g) do I need to get another uvb bulb cause it’s a bigger tank?
You will need a bright basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 BUT YOU MUST have digital probe thermometer to.get that temp it is extremely important- take the probe place on the spot where he sits for basking 10 minutes and then get the temp - the bulb that comes w/ that fixture use it on the 20 gallon now I will help you place it when you get the fixture they have required distance and placement the 10.0 bulb will be used in your bigger tank--- I will help you place that as well when the time comes

happyqquackkk

Bearded Dragon Egg
You will need a bright basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 BUT YOU MUST have digital probe thermometer to.get that temp it is extremely important- take the probe place on the spot where he sits for basking 10 minutes and then get the temp - the bulb that comes w/ that fixture use it on the 20 gallon now I will help you place it when you get the fixture they have required distance and placement the 10.0 bulb will be used in your bigger tank--- I will help you place that as well when the time comes
Alright thanks so much! I have to go now, but I’ll have the fixture by tomorrow so I’ll message u when I have the stuff.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sadies really good with lighting please listen to her advice, you can also put a dish towel (rub it on your body to get ur scent on it) and put it where he sleeps, this’ll help him acclimate to you sooner :) if you have any questions please do ask there’s no such thing as a silly question.

Latest posts