• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my fiance allergic to my baby

kobe24

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys, my baby girl marley is around 6 months and we've had her for around 2 weeks. My fiance says that she is allergic to her because she has been itchy lately. She has held marley on many occasions and when i hold her i dont ever wash my hands after i hold her. I also had 2 chameleons that we had for a pretty long time that she also both held. So can she really be allergic to my baby marley. Thanks

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The only ones that could answer your question are doctors after a battery of tests.

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What type of substrate do you use? She may possibly be allergic to it or it could even be hay fever (depending on where you live) or fabric softener. I have horrible allergies and have never heard of anyone being allergic to reptiles.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Does she normally have sensitive skin? I have very sensitive skin and when I'm done holding Dexter I get red, itchy and welts where she has climbed on me. I just make sure that I wash my hands after I hold her and I wash my arm and neck with a warm wash cloth and that usually makes it go away. If not a little bit of hydrocortozone cream helps.

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
When I was first ACCIDENTALLY using bark chips I would get the itches. Then swapped to newspaper, and now alls well. But now that he's getting older, his nails leave red marks. So it could just be sensitive skin. Unless she needs an allergy pen I think she's ok. ;)
But that's just a mommy protecting her baby talking..., if my bf went into convulsions from my beardie I might have to put up an ad free boyfriend... LOL!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
if my bf went into convulsions from my beardie I might have to put up an ad free boyfriend... LOL!
*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

LOL, I would have to do the same thing! My boyfriend and I always tell each other that if we were to develop allergies to any of our animals that we would have to take shots for the rest of our lives rather than get rid of the animal.

Latest posts