• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my dragon depressed?

Oscarella

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've had Oscar since January 2018 and she was at work with me every day, but I'd take her home on the weekends, and very recently, we've had changes at work and then in a round about way, was told she couldn't be in the office. That devastated me, so this week is the first week without her here and my husband said she just lays in the same place and doesn't move and she won't eat. She's not shedding and she's not brumating and I took her to the vet and they found nothing wrong with her. It breaks my heart that she's not with me during the day and I wonder if she's also upset. I don't know what to do.

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Some bearded dragons just sit there throughout the day. Sometimes they just lay there and do nothing.

Have you been feeding her any bugs?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had Oscar since January 2018 and she was at work with me every day, but I'd take her home on the weekends, and very recently, we've had changes at work and then in a round about way, was told she couldn't be in the office. That devastated me, so this week is the first week without her here and my husband said she just lays in the same place and doesn't move and she won't eat. She's not shedding and she's not brumating and I took her to the vet and they found nothing wrong with her. It breaks my heart that she's not with me during the day and I wonder if she's also upset. I don't know what to do.
Its possible but something else can be going on here
we need to go over the basking surface temps and your UVB

Oscarella

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Some bearded dragons just sit there throughout the day. Sometimes they just lay there and do nothing.

Have you been feeding her any bugs?
Not lately. I feed her dried soldier fly larvae, but only a few and she eats kale and turnip greens every day. I also feed her apple or banana as a treat. I know her habits and she just hasn't been herself. I'm probably worrying for nothing.

Oscarella

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Its possible but something else can be going on here
we need to go over the basking surface temps and your UVB
Okay. She has two heat lamps on the right side of her tank (40 gallon breeder) and a regular led light on the left. I use a reptisun 10.0 UVB. The basking temps run around 94, but if she moves if it's too much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is the reptisun 10.0 a coil or a long tube fixture? What are her surface basking temps and how are you taking them - your dragon should be active