• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie looking okay?

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
D3814041-D659-4592-A6A2-A1ED756AC8F5.jpeg
47C25AFB-A61C-4066-B7D7-79DBB9D7ACA8.jpeg
I’ve had my beardie since October and she had grown greatly. Well now she is in her juvenile stage and eats a lot more crickets. We haven’t had a chance to order any large quantities online yet so we have gone to soldans and bought crickets of the large kind for her, but I’ve been worried that she seems on the skinny side to me.

Am I just imagining things or do I just need to order a lot more crickets and feed her more. She has gone through 5 dozen plus a additional 7 dozen in a week now. I also have 48 super worms but she doesn’t particularly like the super worms I was hoping she would eat a few to fatter her up just a little but all she wants are crickets and romaine lettuce when I’m able to get it for her.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Superworms aren't great anyway. Can you get dubia roaches, silkworms, hornworms (not as a staple but great for treats and hydration)? BSFL are a great staple, too, but you need LOTS. But you can get 1000 for about $25 from symtonbsf online. I give mine about 50 every morning (in a worm dish that stays in the tank for the day), so my 1k works last about 3 weeks.

Lizardlover01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the advice on the solider flies. I just got the 1k in the mail today and my beardie already loves them. An being able to put them in a small tin dish in her tank for her to munch on is so much more convenient then the crickets with me and my boyfriend always working all day long. Now I don’t have to worry about her missing a meal or not getting her fill now. And she has fatten up a bit from the crickets I bought her so she is looking much better now

Latest posts