• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie gravid?

Is my bearded dragon gravid?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Probably

• Unlikely

• Total voters

eccarnell

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve bred my bearded dragons and now, three weeks later, I’m not seeing any changes to her stomach or appetite.
Should I assume she’s not pregnant?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve bred my bearded dragons and now, three weeks later, I’m not seeing any changes to her stomach or appetite.
Should I assume she’s not pregnant?
you will know when she is frantically digging in the tank and running the tank - that is when you should set up a dig box or lay box and see what happens

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shouldn’t I start feeling or seeing eggs?
The time between mating and laying eggs for bearded dragons is around 4 to 6 weeks.
Within a week or two before she is ready to lay the eggs, the bearded dragon’s digging will becoming increasingly more intense. If she isn’t digging, she probably doesn’t have what she needs to dig in and will likely be moving up and down the enclosure as if trying to escape…that’s because she is trying to escape to lay her eggs somewhere she sees as suitable.

Providing a suitable container, in the right location with a suitable substrate to lay eggs, is critical. If she refuses to use the lay box, then it isn’t suitable for her.

The lay box can be sand or vermiculite. Vermiculite is a common substrate used in both research environments and breeding. The material should be free of fecal matter and other waste or pathogens that can result in fungus.
Provide a large lay box container with vermiculite slightly dampened to at least a depth of 30 cm (10-12 or so inches). Dampening (not wet) the vermiculite will help it stay in place a little better as she digs and the eggs shouldn’t stick to the vermiculite.
I can have some one else help you w/ this better than I -- I got this off the internet but I think you should talk w/ someone who used to be a breeder -