• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie bored?

Misty

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there! New owner (about a month now) of my buddy "Tank" who is about 6months old and lately I have seen him pacing back and forth around his tank and then when I approach him, he climbs back up on his log. I am wondering....is he bored, hungry, mad or upset? I literally held him for a few mins (he won't let me hold him too long without squirming a lot...guess we are still bonding) and put him back in his tank and then checked on him a few mins later and he was pacing. Just wanted to know if anyone's beardie does this....what does he need? I want him to be happy and bond with me so just trying to figure out his actions! Thank you in advance for helping me! Love this little guy!!

BeardedEmber

Bearded Dragon Egg
When I got my beardie 3 years ago I didn't know anyone that had owned one to ask questions, it was me and Google. So, here's what I would do because it worked for me. That theory of handling them too much is a crock. The only time she is in her tank is when I'm not home. Try cuddling him in bed or even on the couch with blankets. They love being swaddled in a "beardie burrito." When my Ember glass surfs or paces she wants "down." Literally, down on the floor to roam around. If u have a "safe space" he won't get hurt or lost, let him. But not too long because he'll get cold. (I haven't lost mine yet. Not for long anyway, lol.) My girl shares my California King bed with me every night. In her heated blanket of course. The more you handle him, the more he'll let you. Ember loves to snuggle and fall asleep on my chest, under her blanket. Good luck! ❤️

Latest posts