• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my bearded dragon sick or brumating?

Mystc

Bearded Dragon Egg
I didn't make any changes so that's why I thought brumation he is my first bearded dragon so I got a little worried but the more I read the more it seems like brumation. Thank you for your input.
Yeah... it scares ya... especially that first year... Boo is my only one now... I raised 4... but Boo was my first... my daughters and son adopted the other 3... of the 4 only Boo was a sleeper... the other 3 didnt brumate... his first winter he had me so stressed out...

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you jellyfish I raised his light like 2 days ago because I was thinking the the light was to close it was 12 inches away from his highest basking spot now its 16 inches away from his highest basking spot the chart says it should be 12- 14 inches above and he has a hide but he doesn't go in side it.
If it's a t5HO, 12ish inches is good. The farther you get, the lower the IV index. 16 inches may be a bit too far away.
:0)

Latest posts