• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my bearded dragon ok?

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my bearded dragon has been acting a bit different lately. She's been pooping every day for like 4 days now which I don't think is normal and she doesn't want to eat. she's also been very energized and is constantly clawing at her cage for the whole day. I thought it could be parasites since she doesn't want to eat and she's constantly pooping which means maybe something's wrong with her stomach. This all this start happening after I gave her some dubia roaches that I breed on my own. I just want to know if any of this could mean something, thanks :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my bearded dragon has been acting a bit different lately. She's been pooping every day for like 4 days now which I don't think is normal and she doesn't want to eat. she's also been very energized and is constantly clawing at her cage for the whole day. I thought it could be parasites since she doesn't want to eat and she's constantly pooping which means maybe something's wrong with her stomach. This all this start happening after I gave her some dubia roaches that I breed on my own. I just want to know if any of this could mean something, thanks :)
The dubia roaches would not cause the scratching on the glass --- how big is the tank? How old is the dragon? Is she gravid? Is she digging as well ? Pooping every day is good -- for babies that is normal - if its a older dragon most of them do not poop every day -- my 3 and 4 yr olds dont poop but every 3 weeks to a month -- what are you using for a UVB? Coil UVB can cause this behavior along w/ in proper temps in the tank

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Mine behaved similarly right before laying eggs but I’m just starting to figure this all out.

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
The dubia roaches would not cause the scratching on the glass --- how big is the tank? How old is the dragon? Is she gravid? Is she digging as well ? Pooping every day is good -- for babies that is normal - if its a older dragon most of them do not poop every day -- my 3 and 4 yr olds dont poop but every 3 weeks to a month -- what are you using for a UVB? Coil UVB can cause this behavior along w/ in proper temps in the tank
C0E9518F-2708-42E5-9567-BC9A21C653BD.jpeg

Idk how big the tank is since I built it but here's a picture. She's 2 years old about to turn 3 and I highly doubt she's gravid since she hasn't been with other bearded dragons at all. I use a tube light for uvb and the temps are in the 80s and the basking spot is around 95 degrees. I was thinking of buying her a 150w bulb better and replacing her tube light.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 33237
Idk how big the tank is since I built it but here's a picture. She's 2 years old about to turn 3 and I highly doubt she's gravid since she hasn't been with other bearded dragons at all. I use a tube light for uvb and the temps are in the 80s and the basking spot is around 95 degrees. I was thinking of buying her a 150w bulb better and replacing her tube light.
95 is good for surface basking temps-- are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- the uvb is what brand and bulb? Is she on the floor? She should have 3 temps the tank 95-100 surface basking temps-- 90's middle of the tank 80's cool side - she can still lay eggs- please feel her stomach for eggs

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
View attachment 33237
She can lay eggs still. Mine just laid 27 eggs and she’s solo. They lay infertile eggs.

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
95 is good for surface basking temps-- are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- the uvb is what brand and bulb? Is she on the floor? She should have 3 temps the tank 95-100 surface basking temps-- 90's middle of the tank 80's cool side - she can still lay eggs- please feel her stomach for eggs
I use a temp gun to see the temperature. The uvb bulb is a reptisun 10.0 t5 HO bulb. And her basking spot stays around 95 and everywhere else it's in the 80s, should I find out a way to make it hotter? Also I felt for eggs and I don't think I felt any, how is it possible for them to get eggs without another bearded dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use a temp gun to see the temperature. The uvb bulb is a reptisun 10.0 t5 HO bulb. And her basking spot stays around 95 and everywhere else it's in the 80s, should I find out a way to make it hotter? Also I felt for eggs and I don't think I felt any, how is it possible for them to get eggs without another bearded dragon?
You have a good uvb- how old is the bulb? You want the distance 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for inside in the tank-- Please get 2 digital probe thermometers - if her basking spot is the hammock your getting an inaccurate reading- you can use a single dome in the center of the tank but you want accurate temps-first- ir guns are good but cannot read off the hammocks for one- once you get accurate readings go from there-- you want ambient temps for middle of the tank and cool side-

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
You have a good uvb- how old is the bulb? You want the distance 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor for inside in the tank-- Please get 2 digital probe thermometers - if her basking spot is the hammock your getting an inaccurate reading- you can use a single dome in the center of the tank but you want accurate temps-first- ir guns are good but cannot read off the hammocks for one- once you get accurate readings go from there-- you want ambient temps for middle of the tank and cool side-
She usually basks on that ramp that she's on in the picture, that's where I took her basking spot temp. The uvb bulb is around 7 months old I think, I'm not completely sure that why I just thought of buying her a new one. The uvb light is about 20in above the floor, I could move it lower. You think I can use a heat emitter for the middle maybe since that's what I have?

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
To be honest I didn’t feel eggs either. I only noticed her change in behavior and then caught her lifting her bottom And trying to push. After she laid her first one I later noticed a lump at her bottom and realized she had more eggs coming.

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
To be honest I didn’t feel eggs either. I only noticed her change in behavior and then caught her lifting her bottom And trying to push. After she laid her first one I later noticed a lump at her bottom and realized she had more eggs coming.
Oh wow do u think I should be prepared for it? She's not really trying to dig anywhere just clawing at the glass front of her cage. But yet still isn't eating and pooping a lot, even if it's just a little.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She usually basks on that ramp that she's on in the picture, that's where I took her basking spot temp. The uvb bulb is around 7 months old I think, I'm not completely sure that why I just thought of buying her a new one. The uvb light is about 20in above the floor, I could move it lower. You think I can use a heat emitter for the middle maybe since that's what I have?
You want a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - replace the bulb in about 3-4 months - the heat emitter is good for raising temps-- please get the temps ambient w/ the digital probe thermometer-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh wow do u think I should be prepared for it? She's not really trying to dig anywhere just clawing at the glass front of her cage. But yet still isn't eating and pooping a lot, even if it's just a little.
Get your temps adjusted and then watch her behavior -- it may be she is going thru a spring fever phase and want out to run- you can try that too see if she calms down- usually they start trying to dig frantically if they are going to lay eggs

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get your temps adjusted and then watch her behavior -- it may be she is going thru a spring fever phase and want out to run- you can try that too see if she calms down- usually they start trying to dig frantically if they are going to lay eggs
Yea when she's scratching for hourss I let her out a little and she likes to run around. I ended up giving her a bath today too and she wanted to soak for a bit, after she was calmed down till her lights came off.

Latest posts