• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it worth it in the end???

MoCkIn U

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am setting up a new living area for our new beardie and when I got the tile back they gave me the waste too which gave me a neat idea to attach that to the end of one of my existing tiles and have a sand area in this 50gal tank. What are thought? Worth it to keep the sand in there for our new guy? The image on top is how it sits now with a nice textured ceramic tile and the image below that is the proposed idea where sand would be on the right.

Thoughts????

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great idea in concept....but if you're wanting to keep it clean, it'll get all over from digging. Trust me on this one! LOL!

I've always used a rubbermaid tub about 5 inches deep for sand and it still gets all over everything. Here's what it looked like when I used it for my female.

Eggs7.jpg

SamDigging.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've done that in the past with previous dragons. I loved the idea but in that area I did what Craig did and kept a bin of the substrate so I could take it out easier and clean it when needed or take it out when feeding.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
I've done that in the past with previous dragons. I loved the idea but in that area I did what Craig did and kept a bin of the substrate so I could take it out easier and clean it when needed or take it out when feeding.

Same here, Foster used to love to dig, so I got a rubbermaid container and put sand in it and kept it in there, and it kept it from getting all over the place.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ha...in that first pic of Sam it totally looks like she just went to the bathroom when it was right after I'd just taken her out of a bath. Hadn't noticed that before. LOL!

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah I was thinking of doing that too, is BeeGee still too young for this? I'm not feeding him in it but I just wanted a small part partitioned off like Craig.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
SoleSky said:
Yeah I was thinking of doing that too, is BeeGee still too young for this? I'm not feeding him in it but I just wanted a small part partitioned off like Craig.

I wouldn't think so. He looks big enough to me.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Awesome I think he'll like it considering how he likes to dig at night and such :)

Latest posts