• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is it weird, wrong or dangerous?

Kimiah and Dutchess

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi..well I currently have been allowing dutchess to sleep in bed with me since she was a few months old. She slept with me and now sleeps with me every night. Ive tried to get her to sleep in her cage a few times but she would refuse to sleep and will stay up until I put her in bed with me. Ive learned to be concious of her as I slept as if she were a a newborn baby but sometimes I wake up with spikes in my face :3. But either way she uses my body as a heate throughout the night I was wondering if anyone thouht it was wrong or dangerous?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it definitely has potential to be pretty dangerous for your dragon. I personally just wouldn't want to take the chance but that's just me...

Skymall007

Bearded Dragon Egg
I used to sleep with Gamma in my bed. I had a queen bed though so there was enough room to build him a little cave. He would stay there during the night and I put a pillow between us because I didn't want to worry about rolling over him. As cute as it is, if your baby moves around a lot in the night and you have woken up with her on or near your face that can be too dangerous.

I have a special bed for the Goob and usually he sleeps in my room near by bed.

I think it is so cute how much she loves you. You are a good beardie mom =)

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
It's very sweet. But it's already causing a problem. She won't sleep in her viv. I suggest some hard loving. She will strop, but it's best she sleeps in her own space I think.
But, I do like the love you clearly have for your dragon :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mariah94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How about a small rubbermade tub next to the bed? Or next to your pillow? That way she is with you but you don't have as much potential to hurt her.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine sleeps on me for an hour before I move her to her bed up in her viv. It's a real bed pillow that she chose off my bed. Aww. Has my scent all over it. She's really attached to you as mine is. :D

I'm not at all well at this point. I've been off-line due to Iron Def. anemia and low blood sugar problems. I was so ill that I couldn't eat anything but eggs, juice, and meat. I found myself wanting meat more than anything.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awww I hope you feel betteer soon

Thank you. The iron pills are finally building up in my body, but there's one thing I noticed is the fatigue I get after the smallest exertion of work. I have to sleep an hour or two to regain my strength again. I'm also having a very hard time trying to take care of Allie at this time. She's upstairs in my room and whenever I have to go up there, I huff and puff, and my heart pounds rapidly. So I go up slower. And today, I finally ate my first substantial dinner. 2 Ground beef tacos and a drink. It's like I haven't eaten in three days.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
That is absolutely adorable! I have always wanted my beardie to sleep with me at night too, but I move a lot in my sleep so I would squish him! But I enjoy my time with him outside in the sun which he loves and usually when I can't bring him outside I snuggle with him on my neck with a blanket before I put him to bed. :)

Latest posts