• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is it safe to say when.....?

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
When after I put in say 8 or 9 crickets first thing in the morning right infront of Orion and he grabs them all basically right away, then after the last one he goes and jumps on his branch and does some arm waiving, does this mean it is full and has had enough even though I put another one in there in front of him?

thanks

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When dragons wave it is usually a sign of submission, Orion may still b hungry though. Try giving him 10-15 crix twice a day as well as a serving of greens.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what I am saying is I put about 8 or so in dropping them right infront of him. he snaps them up right away. then all of a sudden he will run up to his branch and sit there and watch the last one or two I put in there walk around the perimeter for a while and have no interest in them. To me it seems he has had enough for now.?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he doesn't eat them then I'm guessing he is full. Remove any crix that haven't been eaten, they can chew on your dragon & cause serious injury. They're nasty little things.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree with Brett. No matter if feeding time, or not, sometimes, Gobi will wave an arm at me as I pass by. Only give Orion the amount you know he will eat. As he grows, he will "tell" you if he needs more by still looking for more crickets. And if you get to a point of basically having to double the amount you buy and/or feed Orion, it's time to move up to the next size cricket to feed him.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
rule of thumb is feed as many as they will eat in 5-10 minutes. I feed yoda anywhere between 10-25 twice a day. I offer one at a time l don't just dump them in. I would offer Orion more and see what happens.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im switching back to the feeding tub. what is a good way to acustomise (spelling?) Orion to the idea of the feeding tub? I tried my first week of having him. didnt go over well. go too freaked out of being in a box. BUT that was the first week and Im sure it was pretty stressful then. have had him about a month or so now and is pretty chill. still is a tad skiddish of me when I put my hand in (kind of gets slow and slinks). Im thinking about grouting and mod podging the floor of the rubbermain container to give him so traction and putting a stick in there and also block out the outside walls with some aquarium fake rock wall paper. Try putting in there for a few days minus the crix? then add crix slowly??

Latest posts