• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it okay to take him to the park?

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Tomorrow it's supposed to be around 70 degrees out. Is it okay if I take Beegee to the park or even outside? He'd probably be outside for around an hour at the park but is this okay if it is infact 68/70 degrees?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At 70 degrees for a little while is ok. Just make sure to not let him out of sight

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, however, I brought him outside today and he freaked out. He didn't like it and I think he had prolapse or something? I don't even know because it was like two white pieces sticking out like strings, very small though. He was very scared. Now i'm scared cause Idk what to do or what happened or anything. please help.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some dragons do spazz out when brought outside and it's normal. The white string things you see might be sperm plugs (gross I know). If it was a prolapse you would see reddish tissue hanging out. Just bring him out for little bits at a time and he should eventually get used to it.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh poor BeeGee, I brought him in right away. So what do the sperm plugs mean? Will they go away? Thanks so much for the quick reply.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Usually they come right out in a bath. Would you be able to get a picture? I wanna make sure that's what it is

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's an example I found of sperm plugs on a beardie
images

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thats exactly what they are, not that far out or anything. Would fear cause them to come out?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's possible that the stress caused it to come out. I mean some animals poop or pee when scared so this may have been the only thing to come out or it was just ironic timing

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh okay, I'll try to get a pic to show you. Idk how good my cell quality is.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
beegeespermplug.jpg

Heres a pic, it's kinda hard to tell because it's not out very far but theres one on the left and one on the right protruding just a little bit. As you can see he's pretty P.O but he seems better now basking and everything. The only thing that he has are those little things.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank god, he just pooped which his sperm plugs came out too.
spermplugbeegee.jpg

Heres a very blurry pic, I apologize.

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow!!! now that s some timing lol...just glad it wasnt anything bad

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you so much for your help, really, it means a lot to me. I am ordering a leash from OgleRPets. So it should be here soon enough. My new Repti-sun comes tomorrow that I ordered from petmountain. I'm excited.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK 2nd time today

BUMP BUMP BUMP

*I hate spammers* Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Agreed spammers are bad :(. Anyway, BeeGee will not be going to the park anytime soon haha. Ill just keep bringing him out until he feels comfortable. When the grass is dry I'll take him into the backyard so he can't see the cars because I think thats what scared him.

Latest posts