• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it normal to be so lazy?

Meganolvt

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my dragon for 4 months. They told me she is 2 or 3 years old. She is extremely lazy, really doesn't do anything but sleep and watch us. Her temps are right, lighting is right. Eats greens, veggies, crickets, hornworms. Has gained weight and length since i've had her and has been to the vet. Is it normal to just be lazy? She's not sick, and I don't believe she is bruminating.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have had my dragon for 4 months. They told me she is 2 or 3 years old. She is extremely lazy, really doesn't do anything but sleep and watch us. Her temps are right, lighting is right. Eats greens, veggies, crickets, hornworms. Has gained weight and length since i've had her and has been to the vet. Is it normal to just be lazy? She's not sick, and I don't believe she is bruminating.
Yea it's pretty normal for them to get kinda lazy as they get older, just watch her weight and make sure she's getting some exercise time..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep, that's what they do, sleep and watch us! If you can, take her out of her tank and let her get some free time. My girls mostly sit around in their tank all day but as soon as I put them on the floor they are off exploring.

Latest posts