• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is Hector healthy?

Titan Davis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey there, I created this thread because I am watching a friend's bearded dragon for a week and I wanted to make sure I am doing everything right. Although I have worked with many exotics including species like beardies I have never actually had one. He is about 18 inches and is living in a pretty basic 40 gallon breeder. The owners told me to feed him superworms and the occasional hornworm but I am also throwing in some collards from time to time. His tank has no water bowl. If you have any advice or tips to make Hector's week with me better feel free to tell me!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey there, I created this thread because I am watching a friend's bearded dragon for a week and I wanted to make sure I am doing everything right. Although I have worked with many exotics including species like beardies I have never actually had one. He is about 18 inches and is living in a pretty basic 40 gallon breeder. The owners told me to feed him superworms and the occasional hornworm but I am also throwing in some collards from time to time. His tank has no water bowl. If you have any advice or tips to make Hector's week with me better feel free to tell me!
Welcome to the forum!! Glad to hear that your taking care of Him.. sounds like your doing well and yes they don't need a water dish in the tank as they get their moisture from the bugs and greens.. some dragons will drink while in the bath but not all..
you can also take a look at the links below several of our comments as we have put together info for general care.. and that will give you any additional items that you may be looking for... let us know if you can't find the links and if not it's also in the general care section on the forum at the top.

Latest posts