• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is he ok?

Kykynblueythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I actually have an important question should I remove one of those logs bc he seems to always squeeze him self in small spaces and looks stuck or like sleeps against the glass.? Do u know how I could fix this

And another one is he sometimes like “glitches”when he walks is he just being funky or is there something I should worry about . (I will input pictures below)

Kykynblueythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is him against the glass sleeping.? (The tank is dark baecause I have the ceramic emitter on right now so he doesn’t get bothered while he sleeps)

image.jpg

Kykynblueythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it too crowded in there.?? (If so what should I move around or replace or get pls help!!) I am new to being a reptile mommy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Kykynblueythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Incase anyone wants to know my tank is 30x12 not sure what it is in other measures (I use two bulbs )(will provide picture below)
image.jpg

he eats like 6 meal worms a day alongside lettuce and I recently started adding carrots(so far he hasn’t eating any)
He usually poops around 1-3 a day
And I only once gave him a “bath” but it was only like a few seconds just to get the poop off he ran in. (Is that a problem or.?)
He doesnt not really drink water
He glass surfs kinda a lot or tries to pull up his substrate.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I actually have an important question should I remove one of those logs bc he seems to always squeeze him self in small spaces and looks stuck or like sleeps against the glass.? Do u know how I could fix this

And another one is he sometimes like “glitches”when he walks is he just being funky or is there something I should worry about . (I will input pictures below)
Hi; the tank looks super duper dark. He needs proper UVB & all UVB lights needs replacing religiously every “6”mnths. The best and most proper UVb is the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s a long tubular bulb. The length order should cover 70 percent of the tank & should be placed starting on the basking side. Also he needs a hideaway so he can get away from the uvb as needed. Also; the UVB light should be 12-14 inches away from him. If it’s too close like 5-6 inches it will burn his eyes and slowly be uncomfortable for his body. Try this asap. U can order online on Amazon or at a specialty reptile store. Also for heat get the zoomed CLEAR basking bulb. Never ever use colored bulbs. At night I’m the winter but a ceramic heat emitter which emits heat not light to keep the temp at 70 and above. Hope this helps. Attached are photos. He needs calcium 3 times per week dusted on feeders and the vitamin powder once/week on a non calcium day. Sprinkle like salt on fries. The Tank should be light & bright or he will have zero energy, be unable to eat or poop, due to lack of vitamin D and eventually get MBD which is weak brittle bones.

Attachments

• IMG_8717.jpeg
    IMG_8717.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5590.png
    IMG_5590.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3758.jpeg
    IMG_3758.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Kykynblueythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi; the tank looks super duper dark. He needs proper UVB & all UVB lights needs replacing religiously every “6”mnths. The best and most proper UVb is the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s a long tubular bulb. The length order should cover 70 percent of the tank & should be placed starting on the basking side. Also he needs a hideaway so he can get away from the uvb as needed. Also; the UVB light should be 12-14 inches away from him. If it’s too close like 5-6 inches it will burn his eyes and slowly be uncomfortable for his body. Try this asap. U can order online on Amazon or at a specialty reptile store. Also for heat get the zoomed CLEAR basking bulb. Never ever use colored bulbs. At night I’m the winter but a ceramic heat emitter which emits heat not light to keep the temp at 70 and above. Hope this helps. Attached are photos. He needs calcium 3 times per week dusted on feeders and the vitamin powder once/week on a non calcium day. Sprinkle like salt on fries. The Tank should be light & bright or he will have zero energy, be unable to eat or poop, due to lack of vitamin D and eventually get MBD which is weak brittle bones.
can u also send me the link to the all the lights I need.? (I’ll just buy them one time

GinaSimi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here are links from Amazon for the lights, calcium, vitamins...calcium 4x week, vitamins the other three.
I've also included a water conditioner for make tap water safe for his bath and electrolyte soak too also add.
Do not feed just worms, they are not that good for him. Feed crickets, no bigger than the area between his eyes, and do not leave them in the tank with him as they will attack him while he is sleeping.when he gets bigger, switch to dubia roaches. Make sure to offer him greens (kale, collard, mustard, dandelion) and things like zucchini and squash everyday. He can have some fruits, Google for a list of good and bad bearded dragon foods. Also, check out the nutrition section here. Get a infrared thermometer to check all your temps including Bath water. He will need a bigger tank when he gets older.

REPTI ZOO T5 HO UVB Lighting Combo Kit, Terrarium Hood Comes with Desert 10.0 UVB T5 Lamp (24W) https://a.co/d/brmMhzj

Zoo Med Reptile Calcium with Vitamin D3, 8-Ounce https://a.co/d/2LMAJUo
Zoo Med Reptivite Reptile Vitamins https://a.co/d/1TnpbJ0

Zoo Med ReptiSafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner 8.75 FL. OZ. (Pack of 2) https://a.co/d/ih7RrUp

Zoo Med Electrolyte Soak, 8 oz. https://a.co/d/fCTngLL

GinaSimi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry for so many replies, on the carrots, make sure they are shredded not pieces. Make sure that you properly wash all his veggies, His basking temps should be 104-107°f, cool end should be 71-77°f. He needs to be in the bath at least 15 minutes, please research the proper way to give him a bath. Check the temp with an infrared thermometer before putting him in it. Between baths, you can spritz him with water.

If you have Instagram, check out whosagoodlizard for ideas on tanks, lighting, food. I started using the handheld spiraluser and salad spinner and now Artichoke is eating his salads better. Also make sure to clean any poop up right way, and make sure to clean this tank properly. Take everything out spray with cleaner, then rinse (I do this in the bathtub, Let dry. Then scrub the tank with the cleaner. The best is cleaning vinegar, spray it in, Let it sit for about 20 min, then a 50/50 water vinegar mix, same, Let sit, then just plan water and wipe out. Once all is dry, put back together, before you put him in it again, make sure the vinegar smell is gone.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please replace the UVB bulb w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% 24 watt bulb - those two bulbs are real good -- make sure the vitamins has beta carotene in it and a lower Calcium D3 amount since your feeding the calcium D3 - your UVB is going to help the dragon synthesize and absorb the calcium- dust insects ONLY 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated and vitamins 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated for a baby - this will change once he gets to be a year old -- you dont need the water conditioner or the electrolyte soak -if you can drink your water that water is perfectly fine for the dragon- dragons should only be bathed when they have pooped themselves - you can give water by dripping on his nose or syringe --- too many baths will dry the scales out --- digital probe thermometers should be used for getting accurate surface basking temps - IR guns are good for spot checking but 2 digitals are recommended - here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a good staple feeder - http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
your basking light is fine - but please change out the UVB bulb to the one I mentioned above - that Repti Zoo quality of bulb is not any good

Latest posts