• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is Beardie Shedding??

Pat B

Super Moderator
I woke up Friday morning and my beardies head looked like the picture. Oh, I thought, he is shedding. I gave him a warm bath to help him along and to get a better look. It doesn't look like he is shedding plus he just did about 2-3 weeks ago. Why that strange spot?
PS: I am trying to upload a picture using photobucket...lol. It might end up a thumbnail. Don't know yet....:rolleyes: Phew....I did it....you will need to scroll down....thank you.
Spike 5.19.2012 (head).jpg

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It looks like he is going to shed. That is different from how my girls shed. Usually they shed their head all at once. Looks like his arms are going to shed too!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, that is greying to shed, it may continue to move further up it's head, or that part will shed first. I agree that it appears that the arms are prepping to shed also.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interestingly enough, I woke to a very similar Demon this morning. But he shed the opposite way, the colored part of his head & his beard she a couple of days ago, he looked like he was wearing a bandits mask then. You can also see other patchy areas on his back, tail & legs greying.

DemonShed4.jpg

DemonShed2.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
One day last week Spike was very dark all over except the gray area and wondered what the heck is wrong with you?? So I put him in the bath and after a very gentle bathing I picked him up and his belly was all white so I guess a bath while shedding helps him.....will do again tomorrow.

Latest posts