• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is a 40 gallon breeder too small for him? :(

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Loki's about 8 months old now and still growing, as far as I can tell. He's had the same tank since he was a baby and has never had any problems with it, but I'm wondering if it's bad to keep him in a 40G breeder since he's so darned large. Here's a picture of him in it:

tanksizepngut.png

The problem is, I don't have the money for a whole new viv and setup, and I'm going to go to college next year and need something that'll fit in my car for easy transport. Do you think Loki will be okay in here? He gets out and gets a lot of exercise around my room, but I just want to make sure he's comfortable. If you think he'll need a bigger tank I'll just have to start saving up. :|

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me ask this then...
Is he able to easily turn around ?
Does he have a good temperature spread ? Hot side 95*, basking 105* and up?
Cool side 75* and over night temps in the mid 60's-70's ?

If yes is the answer to all those questions... He's fine there.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts