• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is 1 year old overweight?

LMacDonald

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Tia she is 1 year old and will turn 2 in September. She has always been a little underweight so I gave her as many vegetables as she wants. I just came back from vacation (yes, I had someone feed her every day) and noticed she looked quite overweight. Is it just me or should I cut back on the bugs and vegetables? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20220619_232718128.jpg
    PXL_20220619_232718128.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220619_232743959.jpg
    PXL_20220619_232743959.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is Tia she is 1 year old and will turn 2 in September. She has always been a little underweight so I gave her as many vegetables as she wants. I just came back from vacation (yes, I had someone feed her every day) and noticed she looked quite overweight. Is it just me or should I cut back on the bugs and vegetables? Thank you in advance!
How much does she weigh? Grams ? She looks good -- you dont want her obese which would be over 500 grams - if she likes to eat feed her all the veggies she wants they wont fatten her up - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week w/ treats like super worms 1-3 times per week and only 1-3 at a time they are fattening a long w/ wax worms those are not very healthy too many can cause liver issues so I would feed those sparingly -- you can feed meal worms and horn worms and butter worms if you can find them -- the horn worms are a hydrating worm -- most dragons love them --

LMacDonald

Bearded Dragon Egg
How much does she weigh? Grams ? She looks good -- you dont want her obese which would be over 500 grams - if she likes to eat feed her all the veggies she wants they wont fatten her up - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week w/ treats like super worms 1-3 times per week and only 1-3 at a time they are fattening a long w/ wax worms those are not very healthy too many can cause liver issues so I would feed those sparingly -- you can feed meal worms and horn worms and butter worms if you can find them -- the horn worms are a hydrating worm -- most dragons love themhe is only 334 grams. I tend to get a little paranoid when it comes to Tia as I am a first time bearded dragon owner.

How much does she weigh? Grams ? She looks good -- you dont want her obese which would be over 500 grams - if she likes to eat feed her all the veggies she wants they wont fatten her up - insects should be fed 2-3 times per week w/ treats like super worms 1-3 times per week and only 1-3 at a time they are fattening a long w/ wax worms those are not very healthy too many can cause liver issues so I would feed those sparingly -- you can feed meal worms and horn worms and butter worms if you can find them -- the horn worms are a hydrating worm -- most dragons love them --
She is only 334 grams. I tend to get a little paranoid when it comes to Tia as I am a first time bearded dragon owner. Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is only 334 grams. I tend to get a little paranoid when it comes to Tia as I am a first time bearded dragon owner. Thank you!
Ok she is of good weight --- keep track of it --- anything over 300 for a adult is good

Debbrat057

Bearded Dragon Egg
She looks good. But just in case check to see if she may have eggs. That will make her look really big. Even without a male she can lay eggs. Unfertile of course. If there are eggs you may be able to see little bumps in belly.

Latest posts