• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

introducing new beardies to the old ones

introducing beardies?

• help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • help me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just adopted a male and female beardie about 6 weeks ago and i would like to add 2 new beardies male and female to the tank with them is that possible? i do know that they have to have sometime to get introduced and i have the tank seprated with a glass separater i was going to leave it like that for about 2 weeks the try to remove the glass. would this be ok? the seem very calm looking at eachother no aggression at all!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ferris2f said:
i just adopted a male and female beardie about 6 weeks ago and i would like to add 2 new beardies male and female to the tank with them is that possible? i do know that they have to have sometime to get introduced and i have the tank seprated with a glass separater i was going to leave it like that for about 2 weeks the try to remove the glass. would this be ok? the seem very calm looking at eachother no aggression at all!

Um NO
Males will fight other males and male female pairing WILL breed.
Females can in some cases be housed together but its not a suggested practice and even the best keepers can end up with maimed dragons from it.
here is something for you to read
hope it helps
http://www.mybeardie.com/housing-multiple-bearded-dragons.php

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I second that! Beardies are not social creatures. They are not meant to be housed together. Yes, there are success stories, but there are more horror stories than success.

Your best bet is to get separate vivs for them and ensure they can't see each other.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just seconding Brian and Renee here. Every beardie you get needs a separate enclosure. Beardies are not social creatures. Many sad stories of injury and/or death have been as a result of housing beardies together.

Latest posts