• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing a New Beardie

CRichey

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 4 to 5 month old male beardie. My husband just purchased a baby male beardie. My guy doesn't seem too thrilled and keeps nipping at him. Any suggestions on how to introduce them successfully.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please dont house them together! It could end up bad for the new kid. Introductions - slowly and under supervision. Your 5 month old sees the kid as a threat - to his food and his territory.

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
Male bearded dragons or any dragons should not be housed together. They can actually kill one another or you could have serious health problems or lost limbs, and males will probably never get along.Only some females can get along with each other. I would get another set up or return the new baby asap.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea two males together equal bad times. Especially if ones bigger than the other.

Separate enclosure r required in this situation for sure.

I have two small babies about 8 inches long I put them on table outside my big beardie about 15 inches now. And we'll let's just say it blew me away how fast he thought it was lunch.

I have 3 in one tank currently right now all from the same clutch 2 males and one female. They r getting separated as soon as I have a enclosure for them........

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Oh no I didn't know this, I got 2 bearded dragons 2 months ago both from same litter, I'm not sure of there sex. I have them both in the same viv a 4ft viv, they seem inseparable, they sleep together always sitting together. We love them and don't want to get rid of either of them what should I do??? Will they def fight if from same mum??? Please help

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If they r males. They must be separated at some point. If they r female it's not as bad but ALWAYS can have a risk.

Is is one always on top of the other? Usually the same one?

They r fine together as barbies but as they get bigger must separate

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Hi yes the same one goes on top of the other often but never hurts it, the one under just moves out of the way, is there a way of telling what sex they are at 5 months old?? I'll look into getting another viv, I'm worried they'll miss each other xx

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They could care less and u won't see them change behavior.

The one that's always on top of the other is showing dominance. I will post you a pic that shows a very easy way to Sex them. Give me couple mins just sitting down for dinner wife's getting grumpy...

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou so much I really appreciate your help. I'm from the Uk so it's pretty late now so I'm going to put my phone down but will look forward to seeing your advice sheet in the morning. Enjoy your tea

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 4 to 5 month old male beardie. My husband just purchased a baby male beardie. My guy doesn't seem too thrilled and keeps nipping at him. Any suggestions on how to introduce them successfully.
Oh no I didn't know this, I got 2 bearded dragons 2 months ago both from same litter, I'm not sure of there sex. I have them both in the same viv a 4ft viv, they seem inseparable, they sleep together always sitting together. We love them and don't want to get rid of either of them what should I do??? Will they def fight if from same mum??? Please help
Here is some info for you both ... And for those of you that have mentioned that it is not as dangerous when they're younger, you had better have a look at how many of the pics are of youngsters with injuries caused by siblings. And never keep BDs of different sizes together.

Is Bearded Dragon Cohabitation A Good Plan?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Just because they're babies DOESN'T mean it's safe...my little girl Saffron had a messed up nose thanks to her sister.
They were only 3 MONTHS old.

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou for all your advice, I will be definitely getting another set up as we have become too attached to both our Bearded dragons. Just on way to work so I will sex them tonight and let you know who thyroid are x

Keegirl96

Hatchling Dragon
The only time my two are even remotely together is when I have them on the couch, on seperate ends with my little girl in my lap and my boy on the far other side. I would never trust them unsupervised, Sydney is a sweetheart and im sure she'd be fine, its Ruger (my male) that I have a hard time trusting.

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou, iv just had a look to see if I can sex them and I definitely have 1 boy, the other doesn't seem to have 2 bulges just 1 but had a head shaped like a triangle so will keep looking. They are only 5 months so fingers crossed the don't fight in next few days till I get another viv x

Rachelk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm Rachel and I'm a newbie on here and a newbie to keeping Beardies, I have a three year old male (Alan) who I acquired from "a friend of a friend" and he's ace. Already learning so much each day about these amazing animals

Latest posts