• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Interspecies Contact

Does your beardie interact with...

• Bird(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Reptiles

• We have no other pets than our Bearded Dragon

• Total voters

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Does your beardie interact with any other types of animal? Feline, canine, fellow reptile...

We have three cats. One of them can care less and just "snubs" Gobi. Another is afraid...as in TERRIFIED and runs (go figure...scaredy cat!). And the other at times, tries to be uh.... too "social" with the dragon (batting at BD's tail, taking very light swats while at same time, sniffing and kissing Gobi).

Of course, while free roaming, if cats are in the house (they are in/outdoor) then I am up their rear-ends, watching EVERY move that they make, as to ensure that they are not terrorizing Gobi.

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My older dog is my "beardie sitter"! If the kids let the dragon out, and don't know where he has gotten to, i ask the dog!! "find the dragon" has become a popular statement in our house! LOL, it's funniest when we know he is in his viv, but she Doesn't! never occurs to her to look UP!! :)

the pup however, is TERRIFIED! if the dragon even moves in her direction, she is running up the stairs (taking the LONG way around him) then watches from the top of the stairs!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LMAO.. what sort of daog??
We have a Jack russell thats about 8 months old now. Yoda and Max (dog) "play" at the enclosure. Yoda with run, scratching at the glass from one end to the other and the dog will follow.
I've had Yoda out a couple of time with Max BUT max just wants to eat his tail. The kids will say to Max "Where's Yodi ('you know cause Yodi is short for Yoda.....) and Maxwill let out this high pitch bark and race over to the enclosure, sit and kinda whimper til the kids say "good boy Maxi - again cause Maxi is short for max.. go figure"

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We had a Springer Spaniel who the dragons just loved to lie on top of and he would just give them a little look as much as to say 'you again' and go back to sleep. Didnt matter where he was they would find him :)

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LMAO.. what sort of daog??
We have a Jack russell thats about 8 months old now. Yoda and Max (dog) "play" at the enclosure. Yoda with run, scratching at the glass from one end to the other and the dog will follow.
I've had Yoda out a couple of time with Max BUT max just wants to eat his tail. The kids will say to Max "Where's Yodi ('you know cause Yodi is short for Yoda.....) and Maxwill let out this high pitch bark and race over to the enclosure, sit and kinda whimper til the kids say "good boy Maxi - again cause Maxi is short for max.. go figure"
Both of my dogs are bichon x shih tzu. both bred small; Bella (the older one) is the biggest; she's 5 yrs now and weighs about 12 pounds. My "puppy" ~Tuffy~ (named so cuz as a baby she had no fear; Now she is afraid of EVERYTHING!) She was taken away from her Mama too soon and never learned...well...anything. she's 4 yrs now (with the mentality of a 6 month old pup) and weighs 6 or 7 pounds.