• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Input please on a home

Daniel Mertz

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just wanted some input in a home. My main concern Is my UVB. I'm not having issues or anything. I've had them about a month and just curious in general. Any input/questions would be helpful or a simple looks good. Thanks. 20171110_082801.jpg 20171110_082713.jpg 20171110_082745.jpg 20171110_082719.jpg
20171110_082801.jpg
20171110_082713.jpg
20171110_082745.jpg
20171110_082719.jpg

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think you've got a really cool set up there.

Just a few comments:

I use only one heat lamp for my set up, so in some situations that works. As long as your basking spot is in the 103-107ish range for those little guys its all good. I see a temperature reading of 76 and a probe in the basking spot so idk if those two are connected or not.

The water fall is super awesome, as long as its not bringing the humidity up too high. Even just water bowls can cause that problem so a waterfall would be worse. So just monitor that cause you don't want respiratory problems. (It kind of looks like that display is saying 64%? If so- way too high)

You really really really gotta be careful about having foliage in your viv. Your little ones maybe aren't quite eating veggies yet but they will eventually and you don't want them trying to eat that stuff. Its all bright and pretty which is very appetizing to you little guys.

And finally, beardies shouldn't be housed together. Even siblings, even if they're the same sex, doesn't matter. They're each going to need separate houses. It looks to me like one might already a bit bigger than the other. Competition kicks in and you'll have one that will become dominant. They're still pretty little but they grow quickly so you might ought to start collecting supplies for another home right now.

As for your UVB concern, it looks like you have one on each side. If it was me i might just scoot them both in a few inches towards the middle just to provide a bit more coverage but its alright to have a little bit of space that doesn't have UVB coverage.

Very creative viv! I love the vines and stuff running through. They obviously love to hang out on them. Super cool.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'd like to add that silicon humidity removers like damp rid or whatever that is that you have in the tank, are slightly dangerous because it puts silicone dust into the air and we don't really know what effect that has on your dragon or on you for that matter. If humidity is a problem then take the waterfall out of the tank. If humidity is still a problem, you can get a small table top dehumidifier to put next to the tank that will help draw the moisture out.

Latest posts