• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

INJURED BABY DRAGON IN NEED OF HELP ASAP

AlishaD

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am trying to find out how to help our little baby dragon. We bought her from petsmart one week ago and they didn't really know how old he/she is. Five days ago my son accidentally cut her tail quite badly in the lid of her cage. It did bleed and I put antibiotic ointment on it every day and have tried to keep it as clean as possible. Last night and today I soaked the tail in betadine<Spelled wrong, and also put on the ointment. It seems to be acting fine and eating well but from what we have read there is no fixing this kind of thing and in the end infection will take over and she will die. It's Saturday and there is no chance of seeing a vet and I need to know if there is anything I should be watching for? How will I know if the cut is infected. It's really as if it's bent all the way in half. Today while in the bath she pooped quite a bit which I am guessing is fine. I am posting some pictures of both her and her poop (sorry, gross). Any advice asap would be greatly appreciated. http://s790.photobucket.com/user/ibalishat/library/?sort=3&page=1

I am not good with photo bucket so I hope this worked

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, it doesnt appear to be infected. The infected area will typically be open, red, possibly swollen and may have discharge. Keep doing what you are and it should heal on its own. Just keep an eye out it the tip starts to turn jet black and the area starts to shrivel up. It will also grow more as time goes by. In this instance you will want to take your dragon to the vet asap.

Latest posts