• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

incubators

rep girl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would like to set up an incubator does anyone have any pics of thiers or could you tell me what I need to set one up?

rep girl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i keep reading that over and over and it doesnt sound so easy i was thinking of using a 10 gallon tank or a square styrophom like container that my hubby got from a fish store its a good size and using pot soil in the bottom dampin the top soil and using a heat like with a thermoiter! will this work?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no it wont as the heat light would cause the humidity to evaporate too quickly and dry out your eggs. just buy a havobator they are idiot proof (im not saying you are a idiot so please dont take it that way)

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm with Brian on this one, way easier to use havobator.

What do use as a substrate Bri, perlite, vermiciulte or SIM??

Oh a wise herptoculturist once told me on the subject, "mate don't stress about it too much about, eggs are designed to hatch, millions of years of knowledge before you and I has already taken care of that" ;)

rep girl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i havent done this before and i would like to set up a tank or at least have one before i even think of trying this!! i was looking for vermiciulte but i couldnt find it!

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
rep girl said:
well i havent done this before and i would like to set up a tank or at least have one before i even think of trying this!! i was looking for vermiciulte but i couldnt find it!

Vermiciulite can ussually be found with garden suppliers or hydroponic stores. You could always try online as well.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
I'm with Brian on this one, way easier to use havobator.

What do use as a substrate Bri, perlite, vermiciulte or SIM??

Oh a wise herptoculturist once told me on the subject, "mate don't stress about it too much about, eggs are designed to hatch, millions of years of knowledge before you and I has already taken care of that" ;)

I use a 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix just cause its what works for me.

Latest posts