• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Incubation

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok...... So I have my banana split lizard eggs in a zoo med incubator.... But I'm having issues.

I have the 6 eggs in a container with 2" of vermiculite. 6 holes drilled in lid and 8 holes (2 each side) of container....

Temp for incubator is set to 90 degrees which is making the temps in the container 80-83 degrees........ But my humidity is 99% and I don't know how to bring it down or if I should.......

I even took the lid off the container and let it sit for awhile and the humidity stayed at 99%......

I removed the humidity sensor and set it on my desk to read my house humidity and it read it correctly.... So I know its working......

Please help I'm getting frustrated with this and want these eggs to survive.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw i feel awful for y that no 1 can help you on here do u not have a pet store or vets that u cud ring that has them and get a little more info? wudnt want ewt to happen coz of lack of info. Can u not find ewt online about them?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
These lizards are so fresh to the market that they are not captive bread but wild caught....... So any you buy have been plucked from the wild and sold to you...... So the info on them is extremely limited...... 2 out of the 3 pet stores here said wtf is that never heard of it..... And the other one was like "really eggs, hmmmmm I thought they had live young."

I'll try calling my vet but I dunno.......

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You're in uncharted territory. You're forging a new road. You may be the next expert. Keep a diary. As frustrating as it is failure is part of success. Carry on!

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You're in uncharted territory. You're forging a new road. You may be the next expert. Keep a diary. As frustrating as it is failure is part of success. Carry on!
Thanks.... I just need an idea on how to lower the humidity it the container with the eggs......

99% is to high I fear.

Incubator humidity reads 78........ I just can't find anything for humidity.... Chinese water dragons are closest to care but can't find humidity required for incubation on them either

Latest posts