• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

IMPORTANT!

jackson882

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok... Quite worried, my heat lamp has stopped working!! I've covered up the tank to keep in the heat and I've even been taking her out and giving her cuddles to give her my body heat. What else can I do and will she be ok till the morning? All pet stores are closed here. Many thanks.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if your fixture isnt working she will be fine till tomorrow. Its ok. Just go out and get a light fixture as soon as you can tomorrow.

jackson882

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok I feel a bit better now. Temps are still up at 80, we turned the heat mat up to full cause we didnt know what to do and didnt have the computer close by. Thanks guys! I'll sleep a bit better tonight :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Francis explained it to me like this when I was going out of town for a day...think of it as a cool rainy day in the wild. That way made me feel so much better.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heat mat ? oh no no dear... no need for that thing... just remove that altogether...
Hope that helps.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup agree with Janie...take out the heat mat. Beardie don't feel heat from below, they can get burned very easily. With the temps you have going where you are your beardie will be fine. Will probably just go to sleep for the night especially once the uvb goes out. Just get a new fixture in the a.m.

Latest posts