• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction?

alvaroml

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone, i am very concerned about the health of my dragon, actually im getting really paranoid. For about sometime i would say around 2 weeks "Gojira" has had like long bumps on his back , i attached a picture so u guys can see better. Actually its on his both sides but on his left side is more visible.

He is defecating but not as he used to (size), and not as often . Im giving my beardie daily warm bath's and rubbin on him.
I think this happened due to overfeeding of superworms i gave him around 25 in 3 days or so.

Here is some info on him:
Gojira is about 6-8 mnths old and 16 inches long.
105-110 basking,20% humidity, Reptisun 10.0 uvb, 100w basking light, in a 40 galon tank, give him vitamins 3*week,calcium 5-6*week, fresh veggies everyday

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
does it feel as if it is attached to his skeletal structure? or is it slightly plyable (you can move it around). I personally would take him to a vet and see if the vet suggests xrays to ascertain what these lumps may be. Just my .02 cents.
i hope he is ok and healthy for you.

brian
cryptic dragons

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Brian and get him checked out. Do you see any swelling under his jaw?

Here is a link to find a herp vet in your area (if you don't have one):
Herp Vet Directory

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe a cyst or something like that , like I said never seen anything like it. Brian? Renee? Have you guys seen the likes before?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the first thing that hit my mind i have only seen once before. there was a skeletal deformity that a dragon had hatched with but it did not show up until the dragon was around 7 months old. some of the bones were fused together by a large calcium structure that was not supposed to be there. though this is much smaller than that was. the dragon im talking about over half of his left side was like that and it hindered proper breathing for him.

this could be something similar or perhaps it is a old injury that did not heal correctly and is getting inflamed. but im not a vet nor can i see an xray. i really feel a vets hands on opinion would be the best in the scenario.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is difficult to assess with only one pic. There are a number of things it could be. MBD is a possibility, but bumps are typically seen on the long bones of the legs and vertebral column of the back and tail.

Not sure about the vitamins. Too much of them can cause harm.

What proteins is he eating? And what veggies are you feeding him?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and the same can be said with calcium supplements. if the dragon had been injured at any point and is receiving large amounts of calcium his body would naturally store the calcium on these affected bones thus causing the lumps.

as far as MBD it is a possibility. But we need a few more pics for that. Some good close up shots of his spine, tail, and head from side and front will help us to rule that out.

brian
cryptic dragons

villawolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I really have no idea. I second the notion of another photograph. Its very hard to tell.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i don't think it is impaction. impaction is usually a lump you feel underneath of them. when was the last time he pooped?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
any updates on your dragon?
Im still leaning toward its some type of old injury or a birth defect that has become more pronounced i doubt it is impaction

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i don't think we have heard anything. i just want to say that it is so frustrating when folks come to us for help and then we don't hear another peep out of them.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree it is hard when you don't hear from folks, but lets give a little bit of time. If there has been trouble and not all areas have herp vets close by, I just hope all is well.

Please update!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, it can be frustrating to those helping out another beardie slave. But as Tom pointed out, it is the way of life with forums. Hopefully, he was able to find help somewhere else and things are going great.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wish we would at least get an update on the status of this. I was interested to find out what was really going on

(by the way im brian tom is tom lol 8))

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no your tom im TOM lol
wait no
Im brian you are tim or tom or something im so confused lol
;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry, Brian. Things have been extremely hectic on this end. A quick note and I goofed!

Latest posts