• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction or just empty bowel

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
Hey all. I've had Mush for 2 weeks, she so happened to have bad case of coccidiosis so she was treated with baycox Thursday and then again Friday, since I've had her she's not hardly touched salads but until Thursday night she was eating bugs happily then sat a woman came over with locusts that were HUGE, Mushi had 2 and an hour later spewed them back up and hasn't been herself since, for 2 days she was bringing up mucous/clear vomit, she hasn't eaten in about 4 days. I'm bathing her daily to help keep her hydrated and to help her shedding. She will try to toilet on the grass (she's toilet trained) and is passing urate but no actual poop, to me that's cos she's got nothing to poop from not eating. What do you all think? She does strain as if she's going poop but only passes urate.

I've tried to offer her live bugs, dried bugs, repashy, salads and veges and she's just not keen at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would check and make sure the temps in your tank are spot on. Babies need a basking spot of 107 degrees. Spitting up their food is usually a sign that they haven't digested it because it's not warm enough for them to digest. I would also give her a warm bath, a little warmer than usual but not too hot and drip some water on the tip of her nose to get her to lick it off. A warm bath, usually helps relax the bowel. It is possible that she doesn't have anything in her system to pass. My girl Dolly hadn't eaten live food in 4 months so hence, no poop.

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
She is 2 in April. Her basking sits around 100 a 104. She does drink in the bath sometimes.

I tried to post a video of her doing the straining while in her bath but it wouldn't let me post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You have to post the video to an outside site like YouTube and then post the link here.

Latest posts