• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impacted maybe?

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Today my boyfriend had chichi out and she made all of the movements to poop but nothing came out. He immediately gave her a hot bath and posted to a group about it and they told him to get apple juice and prunes. I don’t want to give her anything without consulting a vet or at least posting here first to confirm. There’s a lot of first time beardy owners and I’m concerned.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when was her last poop? how old is she? what are you feeding? I guess we just need more info, don't stress yet.. you can add in some pure pumpkin (canned 100% pure no added sugar)

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
She gets bugs every other day now. Calcium powder and herptivite every three days and mostly collard greens but we give her sweet peppers and rainbow chard sometimes. Also the occasional blueberry. She goes nuts for those.

She’s just over a year old and pooped three or four days ago.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She gets bugs every other day now. Calcium powder and herptivite every three days and mostly collard greens but we give her sweet peppers and rainbow chard sometimes. Also the occasional blueberry. She goes nuts for those.

She’s just over a year old and pooped three or four days ago.
Oh gosh that's not long ago at all.. I'm sure she is fine. They don't poop as much when they are older. Mine have gone 15-20 days between.
If she eats she will poop, if she doesn't eat much she won't need to poop as often. Their digestive system is highly efficient.

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Oh gosh that's not long ago at all.. I'm sure she is fine. They don't poop as much when they are older. Mine have gone 15-20 days between.
If she eats she will poop, if she doesn't eat much she won't need to poop as often. Their digestive system is highly efficient.
The only reason we were concerned is because she did the little dance and then strained but nothing came out. It is good to know that it’ll be longer between though. My boyfriend took it harder than me and started to panic

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
My boyfriend upgraded his description to she was straining a lot with no results. She suddenly black bearded and pancaked on my hand today. I’d assumed a bird flew by and spooked her but now I’m concerned they’re related.

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Applesauce worked. There was a massive poo in her tank when I got home. Thanks for calming me

Latest posts